Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

very cool gradient. how did you do that?
Agreed. Even when I tried it with the knife intact, and even with H1, it just didn't sit right with me and I ended up taking the blade out and giving everything a thorough drying afterwards. And that was with a simple backlock. Also, I'm just fine with Salt Yellow because I can turn it into this

pI1ZQMY.jpg

That looks awesome. Did you just do two separate dye baths?

very cool gradient. how did you do that?

Thanks fellas!

Although they have similar results, the process was slightly different with each. With the Pacific, I had dyed that one a lime green color years ago by using the "Kelly Green" Rit powder, so that was my starting point with that one. I achieved the gradient pattern following the tutorials on YouTube and dipping the knife in while submerging different areas for different amounts of time (making sure to keep it moving). For that part I used liquid Rit dye in the "Aquamarine" color. With the DF, it was a similar process, except I did a fade on the blade end first using the Kelly Green powder, left the rest yellow for the time, and then dyed the other end with the Aquamarine afterwards. The difference is subtle, but I think it allowed a touch more of the blue from the Aquamarine to come through is certain light. So yes, in both instances it was two dye baths, but with the Pacific the first was done years earlier.

Back