1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Blade Show 2019 yt video

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PeteyTwoPointOne, Jun 7, 2019.

1. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Chaparral Sun & Moon...wowzers!

Put me down for one & a pre-need replacement ;)

***ALERT!*** Audio level in the vid seems to be super high :eek:, adjust volume accordingly! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    A.S., Mo2, Readyeseve and 2 others like this.
  2. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yea that Sun & Moon Chaparral looks nice. People are going to be freaking out over an M4 Dodo

3. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I called a BHQ Dodo a while ago. I'm in!

mdrgn79 and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  4. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    I watched that video on YouTube last night. Always good to see Eric and see the new knives. But I was frustrated that he wasn't asked the #1 question I have for him. They intro'd a bunch of knives in the first quarter. And said how they would all be for sale by the end of that quarter. And now they are introducing second quarter knives and "available soon." But that batch of first quarter knives included the Parata. And I've been watching every retail web site and I haven't seen a single one of them drop yet. What happened? Are there design problems, production problems, supplier problems, what? The Parata was easily my number one choice out of the first batch and I've been watching and waiting and pacing ever since then... where are they??

5. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Its available for pre order on their website. Anytime they take pre-orders from my experience that's usually meaning its dropping very soon. Shoot them an email and see what they say for lead time.

The dodo will easily be a sub 4-5 minute sellout so everyone buckle up. Most likely a DLC version in the pipeline also at some point.

6. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Just watched it. They seem to be going all in with lightweight versions of many knives.

7. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Blade HQ has been offering a $5 pre-order for at least two months. It is June... so more than two months because I’ve been watching for this knife since the Jan/Feb shows and announcements. This “announce at the beginning of the quarter and ship by the end of that quarter” seems not to be working.

kreole and Dallas T like this.
  8. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I got to play with the Gareth Bull prototype and the Nirvana 2 prototype.

The Nirvana 2 wasn’t much different than the original except for the lack of lock stick, mirror polished blade, and different handle construction.

The Bull Prototype is based on the wolf mouse. Interesting design and use of the front flipper.

9. firefighterguy

firefighterguy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Spyderco is doing a Bull knife? I missed that.

10. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Yep. Massdrop will be doing a Miura. He may be doing a collaboration with WE knives as well.

11. Dallas T

Dallas T

Apr 6, 2013
    I had an endela pre ordered with them I eventually canceled cause everyone else had them for wks before mine ever shipped

12. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Ucfgrad,

Many of the Japanese models will be going to FRN, the G-10 versions (the G-10 is made and machined in the US and shipped to Japan) have become too expensive for the general market so we'll be going directly to FRN without the G-10 "pilot" that we would normally use. The Police 4 was the last G-10 version. The Endela, Rock Jumper and newer models will more than likely be available in FRN.

sal

Dallas T likes this.
  13. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Rock Jumper?

Dallas T likes this.