Spyderco Centofante SP50G

Vet95LT1

BANNED
Got a syderco centofante,SP50G, a while back, the large 1 w/the plain blade - and this knife would look fuuuunky w/a serrated blade IMHO - have always liked the centofante 'look' the dagger like profile, etc so bought this 1 when i heard spyderco was discontinuing - paid 99.99 from onestopknifecenter.com, took about 10 days to get it, and I really like the knife - is marked golden colorado on 1 side of blade, and ATS-34 and 759 (the production #, or what? 1 web sight says only the first 1000 had the medallion?) on the other side - it has really good looking G-10 handles w/a spyerco centofante gold medallion inletted in 1 side of the grip - it also has a secondary lock for the blade, a lever resembling a safety on a gun on the side, appropriately placed to engage it easily with your thumb - they advertise it as having an adjustable tensioner on the blade(like all-most liner locks), and ya can get it pretty loose before ya experience any blade wobble - will really 'snap' out fast and smooth - only has liner on 1 side, so knife is very light - wieghs a little over 2.2 oz w/a 4" blade - about half the weight of my BM AFCK - its really a nice little knife, which displays workmanship far above what i have come to expect from spyderco - it is really put together nicely, much better than my BM or Emerson or......it is just really well made lots of attention to details, no rough edges, everything polished well, fitted well - it ALMOST almost compares in quality to my seb, which is saying something, ALMOST almost I said now! it cost 1/3 so comparisons like that not fair, but it is closer than some other knives i have, which cost more so.. - just really a nice little knife - only gripe is because its so light it SEEMS delicate - no real reason to think that, just an impression - locks up solid, and engage secondary lok and that thing is solid - IMHO a nice knife, albeit 1 with a little different look, a look that i like - whats the rap on them, how come ya never hear anything about centofante, much or this knife?? or were just a few made or?? i carry mine frequently, usually w/my AFCK 1 in each front pocket - the centofante hides behind my beeper ansd is so light ya forget its there- just my .02 guys

vet

I think only the first 1000 had a gold emblem. After that the emblem is silver. It is a nice knife, and some day I'd like to get one. I know where 3 are sitting. 2 new and 1 old style. Maybe one day I'll buy one.

Blades

IMHO, the Centofante may not be more popular than it is, simply because it is so well-designed, and simple looking. Most Spyderco designs are very busy, and often complex.

I also think that if one looks closely and thinks about it, the Centofante really looks deadly. Quite a point on it. Looks like it would slide on in to the handle smooooth.

I also think it just plain looks smaller than it is. I know there are two sizes, but the dimensions of the smaller one seem about right, compared to the picture. It just doesn't look to me like it has a 3 3/4" blade, or whatever.

Pardon me if this is something you already know, but it does come serrated. Believe Knifecenter has them, but didn't check whether in stock or not. Bayou Lafourche might too.

It's my guess you've got a real good knife there, particularly with the extra safety.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

hey Vet. i have always wanted to get one of those Centofante/Spyderco's but i never got around to it. so one day while at a knife show i picked up this one i traded a small Jim Martin lock back for it. it has mokume bolsters and mastadon ivory with filework down the titanium backstrap.

view

to bugs - my sentiments exactly - its quite a bit shorter OAL than my BM AFCK, w/only a slightly shorter blade - and it is a sticker isnt it? i really like mine, carry it or my AFCK evry day- have been thinking about a serrated edge version - and its much lighter than the AFCK also - a damn good knife IMHO

krangle, that is a beutifull knife - what is retail on 1 of those?? very nice........

Back