Spyderco Commemorative Worker

Back in 1981, I walked into a new, small storefront that was Spydrcos
first facility. I walked out with a new Worker and became a certified knifeknut. In the years since, I've bought, sold and traded many Spydercos. In the last few years my tastes have gone to Benchmades, William Henrys and Sebenzas. For nostalgic reasons, I just acquired a Commemorative Worker. This knife is awesome! The fit and finish is flawless and equals that of my William Henrys and Sebenzas. The action is butter smooth with zero blade play and the edge grind on the VG-10 blade is perfect. I can't recall an out-of-the-box production knife being this sharp. Unlike the original Worker this one can be disassmbled for cleaning (if you choose to void the warranty) and the pivot tension appears to be adjustable. It
was my intent to keep it pristine in its' very nice presentation case but this one begs to be carried and will be part of my EDC rotation.
It's too bad the run is limited to 1200, every knifeknut needs one.

I agree. Too bad it is such a limited piece. I am going to hate to see the Worker go away. A true classic.

Where can I see a picture of this knife. I've looked on the Spyderco web site and they don't have a pic. Thanks.

Sorry John, can't locate a pic. The blade shape is the same
as the original Worker and the scales look like a smooth finished
titanium (it's Almite coated aluminum) the only other difference
is the the visible screws on the scales and pivot.

Hope this helps:

Attachments

• spyderco com worker.jpg
    spyderco com worker.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 123
Back