• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Spyderco Howard Viele Purchase - Ouch!!

I recently bought a Spyderco Howard Viele from somebody known as Gigone (thats his name on the knife forum anyway) and had a real bad after sale experience. I posted a question here on the Spyderco forum asking if any body was familiar with the Viele having a detent (almost lockup) just before the final lockup.

I said nothing bad about the knife or him. Well, I received an email from him which he posted somewhere on Blade Forum with the following content:

Good ole John Doe is a real cheese~dick ! Check this out:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=180185

The knife that he puchased from me wasn't, "used, but mint !"
The knife was "brand friggin' new ~ NIB ~ never carried ~ never used."
What he's describing ~ is the normal operation of the knife ! Jesus H. . . .
The problem is that he doesn't understand dick about "liner locks or frame locks !"

I changed my name here to John Doe, but he had the audacity to post my real name after doing business with him. I won't post his name, although I do know it. What's up with this guy? I'm confused on his defensiveness and why he needs to use the Lord's name in vein. I also wonder why he has this fixation on the male penis!

I've had plenty of experience using custom Ralphs, Mayos, Sebenzas, etc. that are liner or frame locks that don't exhibit the same detent that the Viele does. Oh yeah, although he sold it to me as NIB, there was some light scuffing on the micarta handle.

Stay far away from this unstable "knife nut".:(

Welcome to Bladeforums! I tried a search and couldn't find any post like that. It's possible he posted it and one of the moderators censored it.

Whatever possibly interesting messages he may have emailed or posted, that little afterthought at the end of your post:

although he sold it to me as NIB, there was some light scuffing on the micarta handle.

is straight on topic for this forum. That's the kind of thing TGB&U is for -- although things like that ought to be discussed with the seller first.

The phrase "used, but mint" is a contradiction. "Mint" means unused, no scuffs, no scratches, no wear or damage of any kind however tiny -- "mint" is better than merely "new" condition; a "new" knife could be a little shopworn.

hardys,

I posted no such comment on this forum or any other forum. Nor has any of the moderators performed a edit of any of my threads on this forum or any other forum. Nor did I have "the audacity to post your real name."

Simply, the thread that you're talking about doesn't exist !

Evidently, you can't tell the difference between a e-mail and a forum.

And by the way. . .this is the second time that you've referred to the knife that I sold you as "used." The knife that I sold you was absolutely NIB and had no damage or marks as you refer to. As far as your little comment, "I never complained about it until now." Give it break. . .you had every opportunity to say something between the time that you received the knife (on 1 Dec) and today (10 Dec). . .

Keep in mind. . .not all knifes perform as others (i.e., the way that they perform or operate)!

The general rule of thumb in the GB&U. . ."ought to be discussed with the seller first."

Contrary to your actions. . . I'll not call you any names, make unfounded accusations nor slander you on this or any forum. "Stay away from this unstable "knife nut", or you may find yourself being slandered buy him somewhere on the forum or at another place in cyber space." You're a funny dude !

Got a beef with me. . .take it off line via e-mail (as I did with you when I sent you the e-mail that you're talking about).

Maybe I can't tell the difference between an email and a forum post. I just wonder why he sent the following paragraph, with Blade Forums logo all over it, and telling somebody to check this out. For those of you reading this, please be aware that I cut and pasted this verbatim from Gigone's email to me. I only changed my name to John Doe.

Good ole John Doe is a real cheese~dick ! Check this out:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...threadid=180185

The knife that he puchased from me wasn't, "used, but mint !"
The knife was "brand friggin' new ~ NIB ~ never carried ~ never used."
What he's describing ~ is the normal operation of the knife ! Jesus H. . . .
The problem is that he doesn't understand dick about "liner locks or frame locks !"

Please read the above thread, as Gigone requests, and then judge if I deserved an email or post like the one sent above. Did I attack him? Did I complain about the condition of the knife? I never contacted him and was only seeking advice from other Viele owners.

Yes Gigone, I'm a funny dude. You are an insecure adolescent who helps give knife owners a bad name! Give us all a break and stay off of the knife forums altogether.

PS: I don't want to take this offline and do email battle. I only want to make other members aware of who they're dealing with. If you send me more slanderous email, I'll promptly post it on the forum. :cool:

ROTFLMAO

The e-mail that I sent to you had a cut and pasted thread that you started. It didn't have the "Blade Forums" logo "pasted all over it."

Get a life. . .

Great to hear from you so soon. It's always great to read your eloquent and articulate posts.

Back