Spyderco is suing eBay for counterfeits

No, not correct.

About the sellers - they sell genuine Chinese knives in the same stores as well (like the District 9 models), and I simply point out which ones of the sellers aren't scammers and will give decent CS.

So if a site sells knives other than outright counterfeits AND has decent CS you promote them?

I guess I am not seeing what your cutoff is. I viewed one of the video reviews you posted here and went an looked at some of your other reviews on your YouTube channel (I assume that is OK since you posted the video here), and you have a video of a "UKPK Clone - Budget UK Legal EDC Knife" which has Spyderco branding on it, and you go on to say where it can be bought.

Since this thread is about Spyderco, how do you justify that? Or are we having some disconnect about what constitutes a counterfeit?

It certainly would be fascinating to get @Sal Glesser 's take on it.

So what are you saying?

Your reviews and links shill for counterfeit knives. Is that the simple fact?
So if a site sells knives other than outright counterfeits AND has decent CS you promote them?

I guess I am not seeing what your cutoff is. I viewed one of the video reviews you posted here and went an looked at some of your other reviews on your YouTube channel (I assume that is OK since you posted the video here), and you have a video of a "UKPK Clone - Budget UK Legal EDC Knife" which has Spyderco branding on it, and you go on to say where it can be bought.

Since this thread is about Spyderco, how do you justify that? Or are we having some disconnect about what constitutes a counterfeit?
I'm saying - get a life!

BTW - if @Sal Glesser would be interested - I will gladly contribute my knowledge of the Chinese counterfeit manufacturing and market to his war against Spyderco counterfeits.
Hope that explains my stance on this issue.

Last edited:
I just picked back up on this thread and it "sounds" like children arguing in a playground. :rolleyes: Is there not still an ignore button? I suggest a few of the posters use it. :thumbsup: Just my .02 again.

There are things better left for W&C.

There certainly are. Like name calling.

But, in this thread we are having a discussion of the promotion of counterfeits, and in particular Spyderco counterfeits.

And, being that you joined in this thread, and, on your YouTube page, tell us where to buy Spyderco counterfeits, I assumed that you could or would shed more light on your stance.

Apparently you do not want to, and, of course, that is your prerogative.

I hope his friends that make the fakes don't hear he's willing to sell them out to the rightful owner of those designs for cash.

They might not give him knives to review anymore.

Well eBay UK does not sell combat/hunting type knives at all, As there was a complaint that underage children were buying them, If eBay are getting sued for fake knives they might just ban them in that country as well, problem solved.

John.

BTW - if @Sal Glesser would be interested - I will gladly contribute my knowledge of the Chinese counterfeit manufacturing and market to his war against Spyderco counterfeits.
Hope that explains enough my stance on this issue.

So...you are willing to play both sides against the middle? Is that your stance?? Why not take a stance against counterfeiting and redeem yourself? Counterfeiting has much more dire implications and consequences for societies than just monetary loss. Who do you think pays the price in the end? Some even pay with life or limb!

I wouldn't come on a forum like this and promote it and expect not to be called out on it or criticized for it. :confused:

Keep the conversations civil before I have to close another thread and give some people a month long vacation from the forums.

Back