Spyderco Lil Native -> Thoughts?

If any of you have the Lil Native in any form can you please share your thoughts and experience? Pictures?

Theres some old threads but now that its been out for some time I would like to know what everyone thinks that has one or wants one.

I’ve almost pulled the trigger couple of times on one, I’ve heard good things. Helpd one at smoky mountain knife works it felt good in hand for the size

I have one and really like it.

My preference of blade length is 3 inch or so and the lil’native is shorter but it is incredibly pocketable and I like it for that reason.

It may not be a great knife for larger hands.

My only real complaint is the compression lock is trickier to close because the finger choil ramp runs into the lock area. It’s demonstrated on video reviews like Nick Shabazz’s I think.

Overall one of my favorites though

Love ergonomics and the multiple deployment methods on the lil Native, spydie flick, index flick, compression lock release flip, drop open, pretty much opens any way you want.

Yes the finger choil can and does frequently bounce off your finger when closing the knife but can be overcome with a "lil" practice.

That said I don't find myself carrying mine often because I have other options that give me more usable blade in the same size package.

The Techno 2 has more cutting edge in roughly the same size handle, and the Chaparral has considerably more blade AND has the forward finger choil of the lil Native in a very similar closed size.

9sQWFyA.jpg

vbvBz6p.jpg

I have one and really like it.

My preference of blade length is 3 inch or so and the lil’native is shorter but it is incredibly pocketable and I like it for that reason.

It may not be a great knife for larger hands.

My only real complaint is the compression lock is trickier to close because the finger choil ramp runs into the lock area. It’s demonstrated on video reviews like Nick Shabazz’s I think.

Overall one of my favorites though

I generally don't have my fingers in the way when I operate the compression lock with my fingers in the way but I'm talking about a Para3, I may have to hold a smaller knife differently.
I like the Dragonfly 2 and I'm fine with the dimensions. But I worry a little that the choil might be smaller than on the dragonfly?

For the money I could get a Para 3, but a smaller tank like that does appeal to me assuming it fit my fingers.

I have one with a compression lock, bought new, carried for about 3 weeks and has been sitting in its box in a drawer for past 4 months. Nothing wrong with it, fit and finish great. Just never grew on me, probably didn’t give it enough carry time.
Debating on what to do with it. It’s too nice a knife to just sit unused in a box. Thinking of posting in trade section.

Have a compression lock non serrated version. It's fantastic. 95% of the performance of the native in a smaller, more carry friendly package, with a better (imo) lock.

I EDC a native as my work knife, and in the heat of performing a cutting task I once grabbed the lil native and didn't realize it wasn't the standard native until I went to unlock it and realized I wasn't holding a back lock knife in my hands.

I love the back lock version. Zero blade play. The comp lock sample I had was stiffer than I'm used to with the comp lock. Could have just been a pivot tightness thing. I don't know, I didn't hold on it. I do prefer the wire clip but the spoon clip is also fine.
If BHQ does a jade/m4 exclusive I'll probably get one. I figure they're our best shot for an exclusive.

Back