spyderco manix 2. why is the lock so hard? and why is it made out of plastic?

I've just learned that the lock cage on the XL is now black. will the same happen to the lock cage on it's little brother?

unfortunately for me the ones with the black lock cage also seem to have milled out liners.

I've just learned that the lock cage on the XL is now black. will the same happen to the lock cage on it's little brother?

unfortunately for me the ones with the black lock cage also seem to have milled out liners.

The same change is applied to the normal Manix except the milled out liners to my knowledge.

This thread just ate my 45 minute lunch break.
Thanks guys. *stabs his perfectly functional Manix2 into a stack of cardboard* Now I gotta go eat my pizza on the run!

I have a question. I have a sprint CTS-BD30P Manix and a lightweight. The lightweight i can use thumb and forefinger to open one handed with the heel of my palm on the bottom of the handle and it moves easily. on the CTS-BD30P model i can BARELY move it at all. is this something i should send back or is that how it is supposed to be?

Handles aren't a critical moving part. My Endura 4 is mostly plastic, and that's ok. ;)

Not wanting to start an argument, I just chimed in to say I agreed with the original poster and the others that don't dig the blade release. To each his own.
The only thing keeping the spring in place for the lock back on your endura is plastic. There is actually a good amount of pressure from that spring on the plastic that's sandwiched between the scales.

Back