Spyderco Military - S90V Blue or CRUWEAR Gray?

For what it's worth, BBS would not be the first dealer to sell on eBay at prices that we think are high. There were authorized Spyderco dealers selling the recent S90V/CPM154 Para2 sprint on eBay for $600.

As I said, I purchased both but the S90v blue I lucked out and caught one on the secondary market. I passed on it originally and here are why:

1) BBS has a no return policy. Not only can you not return it due to buyer's remorse, if the knife actually has a warranty problem, sucks for you... You have to go directly through Spyderco. I cannot support an online business that doesnt SUPPORT their customers and back up their products that they sell. Retailers large and small, online or not all have a fair return policy, even Ebay sellers lmao.

2) They have a policy that once they ship it, their end of the deal is done and it's on YOU to purchase INSURANCE on top of their shipping charge to ensure that it is covered in case the knife gets lost during shipping. This is ridiculous and may even be illegal.

3) They were discovered to be auctioning off this very sprint on Ebay, what other Spyderco dealer does that with their exclusives?

4) Price. It's true that they have the right to sell it for whatever they want. It's an exclusive that they paid for. Here is how I look at it though, Spyderco's exclusive run slots are very tight. I spoke with Jeff from CS and asked him if he had any exclusives lined up and he said that he does have some in mind but Spyderco needs to find production slots. This BBS takes valuabke slots from other dealers only to sell it for prices that keep them unsold. The Millie's a US made knife, the same facility that is totally impacted, Id prefer to see guys like Jeff get a US sprint. Also, Spyderco's profit margins and target street prices are pretty stable across the board. Dealers are of course free to charge whatever but when the green PM2, CF s90v Manix XL, Millie Cruwear etc are sold at up to 44% off msrp, Ill vote with my wallet and support those dealers. Their discounts are consistent with the rest of their product line AND have a fair return exchange policy not to mention garanteed delivery and even free shipping.

There may be hundreds of these Millies sitting in a shelf for almost a year now instead of being in the hands of end users. If someone like KW had this, they'd not only sell, but also have to ask for a full 1200 piece run!

Some news regarding the CruWare Millie: A couple of weeks ago a dealer told me that Spyderco was going to make another batch of the Cruware Millies, so earlier today called Spyderco about ordering some clips and other stuff, I decided since I was already on the phone with them I would ask the (nice) lady if more of the Cruware Millies were going to be made, she said she didn't think so but let me check with the sales manager.

Got put on hold for about a minute, then she comes back on and says "the sales manager confirms that no more of the Cruware Millies will made, that run is done."

It was a large 1200 piece run and they are still relatively reasonable on the secondary markets. I suspect that will change as the supply starts drying up , if anyone wants one now would be a good time. Love mine and use it all the time..CruWare is a fantastic steel IMO.

Are these pretty similar? Is there much difference outside of the handle color?
I'm considering picking up a Military in one of these two options.

What are y'alls opinions of these two?

I like the blue one better. That dosen't mean that I dislike the Cruwear version. I love it, but the blue handled Military with S90V is a hell of a knife.

b50814df-b37d-4b7a-a8e2-fa4ecacb07f4_zps14c6c601.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, BBS would not be the first dealer to sell on eBay at prices that we think are high. There were authorized Spyderco dealers selling the recent S90V/CPM154 Para2 sprint on eBay for $600.

This was an exclusive run only they can sell which was alreay priced exorbitantly high on their site. They auctioned it to unsuspecting Ebay buyers who do not know about their site. Some of those dealers who sold their Composite PM2's received as little as one knife from Spyderco.

Anyhoo, add that in with everything else about BBs's practices that I listed and I dont see how any of the other dealers compare. $600, Id be weary of them too I guess to be fair. I do have a list of dealers I support and Ebay dealers I dont think are one of them.

This was an exclusive run only they can sell which was alreay priced exorbitantly high on their site. They auctioned it to unsuspecting Ebay buyers who do not know about their site. Some of those dealers who sold their Composite PM2's received as little as one knife from Spyderco.

Anyhoo, add that in with everything else about BBs's practices that I listed and I dont see how any of the other dealers compare. $600, Id be weary of them too I guess to be fair. I do have a list of dealers I support and Ebay dealers I dont think are one of them.

BBS was *not* the dealer who was doing this, and the dealer I'm referring to sold three of this sprint at $600 as BIN sales. My post had nothing to do with BBS.

BBS was *not* the dealer who was doing this, and the dealer I'm referring to sold three of this sprint at $600 as BIN sales. My post had nothing to do with BBS.

I know that. I was replying to your reply to me. To clarify for you, I brought up the BBS auction of the s90v Millie AS A COMPARATIVE to the dealers you noted AS DOING this. The topic is about BBS' knife and you are replying to me so hence my response.

I was citing the differences between BBS and the EBay dealers who did that. Similar in regards to selling it at a perceivably high price yes I agree. I don't know why it's so shocking for you that I include BBS in my reply.

Also, another point I think you didn't catch was that dealers for this CF PM2 got as little as one (some 3 or more), it wasn't exclusive to them and the market can decide if they will be bought. BBB's case is different. Anyway, like I said in my reply, I don't support those dealers anyway.

My point is that while some find BBS policies unattractive, there are other dealers out there doing the same thing.

And regardless of what anyone thinks about BBS or the price of this knife, it's the cheapest entry into S90V in a Military and will remain that way for a while.

The interesting thing about recent developments at Spyderco is that we seem to be on the verge of quite a few models being available in S110V, and not just in sprints, which is amazing, when you think about it. S110V in Everyman's pocket? A year ago that would have been just a weak joke. :thumbup: So, maybe we can hope for a Military in S110V... ;)

How much will cost Spyderco Military S90V with blue scales now days? If I understand correctly, it was sprint run.

$225.95 plus shipping. It is a dealer exclusive (Bento Box Shop). Man you necro a 17-year old thread just to ask this?

Bento has the cruwear military in stock. Just pay the difference and take the grey ghost.

This thread back from the dead. Hilarious that BB practices still weak...and they still have the millies lol

This thread back from the dead. Hilarious that BB practices still weak...and they still have the millies lol

Back