Photos Spyderco Province

Great News! I have been waiting for a long time for this Knife. I look forward to getting one.

Mr. Ankerson Please take some pics of the knife in the sheath, I hope you are planning a video review and you using it. I also was looking over at Spyderco's Forum on their website and you said a Boltaron sheath would be offered as well, when will that be available?

Last edited:
Congratulations! That's a great looking knife. And 4V!!!!!!! I didn't appreciate this steel until I got a 4V Mule. Now one of my preferred blade steels.

How long does it take to get to Dealers? I think they are stuck in transit! LOL!

Ok! I have been wondering where the Province is, so I poked around the Spyderco Website Forum and read a post that said they shipped to overseas dealers first and will ship to CONUS Dealers in a week or so.

Very nice Jim. Thanx.

Great design from you and Darrin. It's certainly a special piece and definitely a user. As we say on our Challenge coin; "No more than necessary and no less than perfect".

sal

The Province was released overseas, So when does Spyderco make it official and put it on their Website as a new knife? As of yesterday 9 Aug 2019 it was not on the Spyderco Website. Is there a specific event that Spyderco uses to say now it is official a new release?

I got the Province today from DLT. It has been a long wait, since this knife first came on the radar, but well worth it. Fit and finish are perfect, the G10 slabs look great, Sheath is nice too, much better than I thought it would be. I really like the Sheath, holds the knife in really snug. The edge on the blade came razor sharp and I (S) Cut paper right out of the box with it. I always have a concern with a saber grind that you may get some drag were the grinds meet, but not on the Province, sliced through paper with no drag. I can't say enough good things about this knife. I have many fixed blade knives, and I have to say my first thought is the Province just may be my fixed blade grail. Great job! Spyderco, Mr. Ankerson and Mr. Sanders. You have put out one fine knife in the Province.

I got mine today. I had full confidence that it was going to be a winner because of Jim Ankerson and Darrin Sanders collaboration coupled with Spyderco's execution. I am not disappointed. I especially appreciate the blade geometry. This is one amazing knife!

Shipped out to the dealers etc today . :thumbsup: All I can say is "Thank you, Jim". I've followed your posts for many years. This knife seems to be the culmination of your experience as realized in steel! Bravo

My Genzow HatchetHawk has a new Buddy, the Province. My new Woods Trio, Province, HatchetHawk and Spyderco Folder of the Day.

Contemplating getting one...Handled one, and it is indeed impressive. Surprisingly light for what it looks like.
Guys who have had one for a while, how are you liking it? What are you using for sharpening?

I got mine and love it. I've used it on a couple of outings so far. I prefer it to my Fallkniven A1 Pro, although the A1 Pro would win if battening wood. As far as what I sharpen it with, I use my TSProf K02 guided knife sharpener. I highly recommend both the Province and the TSProf. BTW, the new K03 sharpeners are available if anyone wants to visit www.statesllc.com or click on links in my signature.

George

Back