Spyderco "R" lockback folder

I recently bought a spyderco at aknife show and don't know much about it . The dealer told me it was the "R" model.
It sort of looks like a realy big "Q" except metal handle/grips with cutouts , and the blade is a cutout type blade also . ATS-34 blade with small notch cut out at the back where it says japan . I paid $75 for it , and was wondering what it was worth ? I might be able to send someone a pic if I can get this W$%#@ digital camera to work .
Hope someone out there knows something about what I have . Also got a LUM C46 plainedge in trade for a boker brend with cocobolo handles It has #521 on blade . Did I make a good deal on that ?

The 'R' is discontinued so it will most likely appreciate in value. The handle is Almite coated. I think you got a nice deal at $75. I think the retail was well over a 100, maybe even upto 150.

Hi Edd,

MSRP on the C67 "R" was $159.95 when we discontinued it in late 1999. I'd say $75 bucks is a great deal!

Joyce @ Spyderco

Thanks for the qick responses Ken and Joyce . If anyone out there has a idea as to the current value of the "R" model , please let me know .

Also if anyone has a civilian , any make for trade I have a "R" model that can be yours , also have MT auto kestrel ang gurka house khuk with custom kydex sheath .

Back