Spyderco Schempp Rock vs ZT 0100? Or?

I have been looking for a full-tang knife with a KA BAR design, to no avail. In other words, i've been looking for a knife with these main characteristics. (Combat/Utility blade design)
•Full-tang
•Over 5 inch blade length
•Strong blade tip
•Stainless or mostly stainless
•Good handle grip

I've landed my eyes on a ZT 0100 and a Spyderco Schempp Rock, both for around the same price range. I would have gotten the Schempp but the thin blade is a concern. The ZT is thicker and has CPM 3V steel, which is tough and should be okay when sharpening with diamond stones. Only thing that's keeping me from the ZT is the recurve on the blade, I feel like it will get in the way of regular day to day cutting chores, as well as being a hassle to sharpen on flat stones.

If you had to choose between the two, what would it be? Or do any of you have a better recommendation? I've been looking at the Bradford Guardian knives on BladeHQ, was wondering how many of you have experience with it.

~Thanks

(I am on mobile and was not able to post pictures of the blades)

Maybe have a look at Bark River Knives. - Scratch that, I missed the KA-BAR/Combat style in your post.

How about Spartan Blades? The Harsey Model 2 or Difensa are two that have the steel type (S35VN stainless) and length you are looking for.

Last edited:
How about the Bark River Bravo 2 or the Bravo Survivor? Another idea is to check out the Knifemakers for sale section here on the forum.

I have both the ZT0100 and a Schempp Rock Salt version; they're very different knives and my preference is the zt for the 3V steel and the superb ergos.

16249499748_f17ca76ed5_c.jpg

16146313610_86c05a43de_c.jpg

Another worth considering is the Busse TGLB as mentioned by Jeru; it would be my top pick versus the other two.

16077826283_98f3d26bbf_c.jpg

OR.... a Becker BK7; the cheapest option!!! :thumbup::D

15192915263_e03277999f_c.jpg

Decided to purchase a Busse TGLB, it seems like such a nice blade. Seems way over-priced though, I guess i'll know if that's true when I finally have it in my hands.

Bradford makes some bangin' knives, I own a guardian3 and it's a very well-built knife.

Back