Spyderco Wegner Jr; Plain Edge (shortest review ever)

Lenny

Gold Member
Just got this pre-owned from another forumite today.
There's not a thing I don't like about it. Besides my Large Sebenza, it's the nicest folder I've ever seen or used.
Lenny

Too bad they were discontinued. I will also miss the large Wegner that is now also discontinued. :(

Lenny,

I've been using mine for two weeks now, and aside from hunting ventures (during which time I carried my Large Wegner) I haven't been able to bring myself to carry anything BUT my new Wegner Jr (plain edge).

Not only is it beautifully finished, fit and tight as a drum...but it is smooth as glass to open and close, flicks open just with the thumb effortlessly and stays ultra sharp with very little maintenance.

Incredible!

Jeff/1911.

Hey Jeff/1911,
Did you purchase yours new recently?
Where?
I searched high and low before finding a pre-owned one.
Guess I didn't search enough.
I really think my Sebenza has been replaced by the Wegner Jr as my EDC. Never thought that would happen.
Lenny

Lenny-

I got one in plain edge a while back, when they were stil widely available, and just kept it pretty much in the collection.

However, my brother in law's birthday was fast approaching, and I knew he was looking for his first "real knife" (his words) after having been exposed to my various carries. I was feeling generous, and I figured I could always get another one, so I wrapped it up and gave it to him for his birthday.

He LOVES the thing! Now, he's never without it. Plus, it's cool to have some one else in the family who can appreciate a nice knife.

That was well over a year ago, and I just recently found myself wanting another. I posted around the forums, and within the last week, have aquired two NIB plain edge models. I'm remembering all over again how truly excellent this one is. Built like a tank, and there's something about the "pop" it makes when it locks up that's very satisfying. Perfect size for my tastes in an EDC as well. NOw I can carry one to use it, and still have one to keep nice and purty.

A truly classic knife, and one of the finest factory offerings I've ever seen. Spyderco nailed it with that one.

I had a hard time finding mine as well, but have since learned of a couple sources where more are available in plain and combo edge. Drop me a note if you're interested in finding another one.

Firebat

Back