1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SpyderPug???

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by stjones, Jun 29, 2013.

1. stjones

stjones Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 23, 2010
    My brother-in-law broke a BIG ole chunk off the tip off his Para 1 and used a bench grinder to shape a tanto. I used the EP to edge it.
    Just wanted to show ya'll and make my first post in the Spyderco forum.

[​IMG]

2. Swoop03

Swoop03

Dec 1, 2012
    Interesting look. I'm not sure what to think of it other than cringe at the fact that it was broken lol.

3. stjones

stjones Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Oh don't get me wrong man!! It's UGLY!! Pugly in fact but at least it was saved to be further (ab)used!!

4. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    I have bought a few years ago a griptilian with a broken tip: it was abused by previous owner big time! The first thing that I did was very similar to what you show here: because I did not like take off more still than absolutely necessary. But it did not work for me at all: so I had to change the shape quite a bit more. I do not know how it would work with PM of course.

5. galactorrhea

galactorrhea

Jan 1, 2013
    And you thought people complained about blade-to-handle ratio before...

6. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    If I have a broken tip Spyder I usually go the other way with the tip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jastab

Jastab

Jan 31, 2013
    If it were me, I'd grind the handle down to match the blade size better. And it would give it a new look.

8. nitsua9001

nitsua9001

Apr 25, 2013
    Exactly what I was thinking