Spydie sighting!

This happened a couple of weeks ago but I'm just getting around to posting it. I was in line at the grocery store and noticed a very cute young lady ringing up groceries in the next lane. As I was checking HER out, I was sure I noticed a clip in the right front pocket of her well fitting jeans. I managed to get a better look and asked "is that a Police" ? Now as good as she looked and with the job she has I'm sure she gets more than her share of unwanted pick up attempts and since having just reached the half century mark I am old enough to be her grandad, she asked in a rather annoyed tone what I had said. I said "the Spyderco, is it a Police model?" Her whole attitude changed. Her face lit up and she said with a grin "yeah, it is. Good call!" Really made my day.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

...and...c'mon, what happened next? Did you say "Wanna see my Spyderco collection?"
biggrin.gif

Actually I was tempted to say "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" but iwas coming home from work and all I had was a zytel handled Delica. I'm saving that line for when I've got my Military or Starmate or Viele or full sized Calypso. The fact that she had a Police makes me think she appreciates size.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Good idea... You certainly don't want to whip out a Dragonfly and have her laugh in your face. As they say, you should walk softly but carry a big Spyderco.

Make it the Military. Nothing sexier than that big old hole.

Wait a sec. Let me rephrase before I get flamed. The lines and hole of the Military are an aesthetic pleasure. There now...that's better.
wink.gif

Be careful though. If you walk up to her register and start whipping out large knives, you never know what might happen.

------------------
Guyon
AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

phantom4 wrote:

The fact that she had a Police makes me think she appreciates size.

Some women say size doesn't matter
wink.gif

------------------
AKTI Member # A000005
NC Knife Knuts Member
Living life "on the edge"

Right... And we all know women don't lie, right Dexter?
smile.gif

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Hey man, that's a good pick-up line
wink.gif
I wish the same for some girls here...
biggrin.gif

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...

Back