Spydiebenza 25

Really like the new look of my Sebenza 25 with a spydie hole.
I always thought the CRK thumbstuds are too slippery and now I have a shiny new spydie hole to open the knife. And also less weight due to the metal removal :thumbsup:

Why CRK don't offer this option? They can put a slightly oval hole if they fear the (stupid) Spyderco copyright.

foQlAic.jpg

TgRZCrC.jpg

XfjWryw.jpg

The mod was made by cml_knifeworks.
Thanks to him.

This would be THE only way I'd consider buying a CRK. I had a large 21, couldn't open it without two hands.

Spydie holes and flippers for me. I'm long done with studs.

If you don't mind my asking, what did that mod run you? You may have given me motivation to spend money I don't have.

Now I just gotta find someone with a Sebenza I can borrow (steal).

I'm no engineer but the ol' mkI eyeball tells me that would weaken the blade considerably. Spydercos have the broad leaf or hump-back blade shapes to compensate. CRK didn't design the blade with a huge hole in mind and I wouldn't be comfortable using it for anything other than standing around flicking.

I'm seriously amazed at how well this works. I always figured there wouldn't be enough blade above the lock bar to adequately engage a hole style opening mechanism but that picture blows that theory off the map. I think that looks so good. I'd probably buy this option if it were available from CRK.

I must be very lucky ... I have owned several CRKs ... I believe right now it's 7 ... but never had any issues with opening them ...

I have had a few that got much smoother after a period of using opening/closing them ...

but never had anything nearly as tough to open as I see people talk about ...

I like some Spyderco knives but I would hate to see CRK go that route ... the Sebenza is just one of those iconic knives I think they pretty much nailed it as is ... just my 2 cents worth.

I must be very lucky ... I have owned several CRKs ... I believe right now it's 7 ... but never had any issues with opening them ...

I have had a few that got much smoother after a period of using opening/closing them ...

but never had anything nearly as tough to open as I see people talk about ...

I like some Spyderco knives but I would hate to see CRK go that route ... the Sebenza is just one of those iconic knives I think they pretty much nailed it as is ... just my 2 cents worth.

He's not the only one that's had to fix the thumbstud issue

Knife.jpg

Back