Spydiechef or ZT0456

Looking for a new general carry piece and these two knives have my attention. What do you all think about these two knives? Which would you choose and why?

Both are nice in their own way. The Spydiechef is more practical all around, lighter, cuts better, has better corrosion resistance (something that has a lot more practical implications than edge retention for most people in reality). The 0456 is stout, heavy and more fun.

Hmm, have had at least 4 of each. 456 for me. Both cut just fine for me for my needs. No difference there for what I need a knife for. The 456 is a lot funnier to just flip and fiddle with imo and zero lockstick, which happens to be in my top 3 of knife pet peeves. And every Chef I have had had some level of stick. But that might not be a concern for you. If you are not into heavy pocket knives, run very fast from the 456. It is a chunky monkey.

In the end, though, every time I was weighing between two knives I always ended up with both. So, you got that to look forward to. : )

Back