SRK improved. I'll bet it cuts better now!

Danbo

Platinum Member
Looking at one of the Cold Steel SRKs the other day, I couldnt help but wonder how it would cut if it was actually flat ground with a thinner edge. After going through a couple of new belts, I finally got the sucker ground thin enough. Not too much fun grinding on that hardened Carbon V steel, I will tell ya! Now, I need to clean it up with a finer belt, maybe handrub it, and solder a guard on and rehandle it with some nice wood or micarta. I believe it will be a MUCH better slicer/cutter then.

Worked for my Trailmaster! If you think it was fun grinding it, wait till you hand sand it :rolleyes: Have fun and good luck.

I may not even do the handsanding routine this time. I was thinking of going to a 320 grit belt(pic is only at 60 grit) and then a scotchbrite belt. Heck, IMHO it looks better now than it did with that funky black garbage coated on it.

Fine job, it is actually a knife now, that must have taken a decent amount of work.

-Cliff

A couple of hours of sweating and a couple of new belts(old ones didnt cut much), and lots of gray boogers. :)

Wow, lots of work. CS already sells this, it's called a Master Hunter. ;) Or do you like the size and style of the SRK better?

I used an Edgepro to take the edge way down. That took a while also. I now have a very large and shiny relief, but it is SHARP.

Back