Stabilised wood demand?

Don't be too cheap, don't try to squeeze another cut out of what you have.

Wood warps and twists in stabilization, handle makers need flexibility in positioning leave your blocks a little large.
5.5 inch seems to be some sort of ad hock standard , but it's too short for a lot of uses.

Pro stabilization is best, if they want scales, let them cut their own from blocks.

Don't give it some half assed home treatment - it prevents someone from getting it properly done later.

If you like to do it for yourself just do it.
If you want a serious business focus on the wood and have it stabilised professionaly.
I know that there are at least two good stabilisers in Germany. That's closer then the US, but there must be some in the UK as well

I'm in Germany and I haven't found any stabilizers here. Could you please let me know the names of these businesses? Thanks

Thanks Hengelo.

Pricing does seem quite a bit higher than in the U.S. and I haven't had any experience with their products, so I'd like to learn more before I send over my best woods. Perhaps a phone call or a shop visit is in order...

Please share your findings here, I'll do the same when I get to send wood to them

Back