Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Your stag stockman looks nice Gary, I had a RR toothpick in stag once that wasn’t bad either, but I moved it along. The only one I have left is this little guy. Well made, but not very good looking stag, it will stay though because I haven’t seen many like it.
Todd
DC01A3A8-1EEB-4C62-B9FD-524551F815D4.jpeg

is there much difference between a Tapadero and a Sonoran Belt knife?maybe just the Damascus blade for the Tapadero.
Yep the difference is the steel with a Tapadero being damascus. I do hollowgrind the Sonoran Belt knife too while the Tapadero is a flat grind. The same template is used for cutting out both blades.

Your stag stockman looks nice Gary, I had a RR toothpick in stag once that wasn’t bad either, but I moved it along. The only one I have left is this little guy. Well made, but not very good looking stag, it will stay though because I haven’t seen many like it.
Todd
View attachment 1556546
Thanks, Todd. :) Is the one you posted here a saddle horn pattern? :thumbsup::thumbsup: I think RR maybe had stag releases at two different times. The first one had the best stag IMHO, and I totally missed it, but was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and bought 4 of them (copperhead, medium stockman, medium trapper, and sowbelly stockman) from Jeff black mamba black mamba a while back. The second release had what I consider "less staggy" stag, similar to what you show here. I bought several RR stag canoes that were still available at one dealer I found, and all but one of them had kind of pale stag with "spotty bark". My favorite canoe from that bunch doesn't really look much like stag, but I like the way it looks!
stag.canoe.mark.1open.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Todd. :) Is the one you posted here a saddle horn pattern? :thumbsup::thumbsup: I think RR maybe had stag releases at two different times. The first one had the best stag IMHO, and I totally missed it, but was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and bought 4 of them (copperhead, medium stockman, medium trapper, and sowbelly stockman) from Jeff black mamba black mamba a while back. The second release had what I consider "less staggy" stag, similar to what you show here. I bought several RR stag canoes that were still available at one dealer I found, and all but one of them had kind of pale stag with "spotty bark". My favorite canoe from that bunch doesn't really look much like stag, but I like the way it looks!
View attachment 1556626

- GT
I picked it up on the bay last year. In the listing I think it was called a baby copperhead, even though it has a trapper blade set. The model number was listed as RR447, but that isn’t on the knife, said it was 2005. Couldn’t find much on it but I have several of these 2 1/2” RR, they weren’t asking too much so I took a flyer. I agree, that’s a good looking canoe.👍

LpFvFv9.jpg

Back