Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Hatchet_Jack Hatchet_Jack Far from 'useless' :D it's the source of our knife dreams and reality:cool: Some very fine pieces there, you should start exporting.....

Thanks, Will
Because I’m hunting wild animals I don’t have the volume to export, they’re smart and a good stag is hard to find and kill!

One good thing about wild deer is there’s nice colour.
Antler is white, but as the blood flow stops and velvet that covers the growing dies they rub their antlers on trees. Tannins from the trees are what stain the antler.
Farm deer, not having anything to rub produce much paler antlers. Some of the more recent Wright stag knives look pretty much exactly like you’d expect there. They can however be artificially dyed very nicely and I suspect this is done quite a bit.

I am currently working on a trade with a knife maker, some antler for a knife. That’s the kind of deal I would like for my excess trophies!

Because I’m hunting wild animals I don’t have the volume to export, they’re smart and a good stag is hard to find and kill!

One good thing about wild deer is there’s nice colour.
Antler is white, but as the blood flow stops and velvet that covers the growing dies they rub their antlers on trees. Tannins from the trees are what stain the antler.
Farm deer, not having anything to rub produce much paler antlers. Some of the more recent Wright stag knives look pretty much exactly like you’d expect there. They can however be artificially dyed very nicely and I suspect this is done quite a bit.

I am currently working on a trade with a knife maker, some antler for a knife. That’s the kind of deal I would like for my excess trophies!
What kind of knife do you want? That's my kind of deal. :)

I really ought to carry this one more.
MJk8Zbc.jpeg

How’s the F&F on those Daniels Family knives? They look beautiful but are on the slightly pricier side. I’ve been very tempted to get one though.
I think they're great. I agree they can be pricey, but not much more so than the nonsense prices that some comparable brands go for in the secondary markets.

They're definitely not just "lookers," I use all of mine and they perform at least as well as any comparable traditional.

Some of the earlier ones had some issues - but I don't think that's unique in this industry and the ones I've received that have been manufactured within the last year or so have been flawless.

Here's a thread with some great pictures and seemingly happy owners:

Titusville Cutlery Company

and another with some absolutely incredible photos:

Tuna Valley Photography

I think they're great. I agree they can be pricey, but not much more so than the nonsense prices that some comparable brands go for in the secondary markets.

They're definitely not just "lookers," I use all of mine and they perform at least as well as any comparable traditional.

Some of the earlier ones had some issues - but I don't think that's unique in this industry and the ones I've received that have been manufactured within the last year or so have been flawless.

Here's a thread with some great pictures and seemingly happy owners:

Titusville Cutlery Company

and another with some absolutely incredible photos:

Tuna Valley Photography
To be used is the greatest calling for a knife, none of mine get life behind glass!

Thanks mate I'll check it.

Back