stainless damascus

Hi I would like to know what bladesmiths use stainless damascus I would like to get a small 3 inch fixed blade made from it I was going to get a custom knife from mike snody but I do not want to wait 3 years for it if I dont haft to if I could find somone else I would like it to be mike norris damascus but it could also be devon thomas or another maker so long as its stainless.

The only stainless damascus I know is sweedish Damasteel. I have a knife made from it that I EDC since 2000. It's a great powder metalurgy steel, performance wise I'd guess like 154CPM, with ZERO weld problems. Some USA makers use it. I don't know about Norris or Thomas stainless, others must have knives sporting their damascus and let you know about how it performs.

I haven't used Mike Snody damascus but I do use Devin's stainless da,ascus from time to time. Other than stainless damascus I make my own.

Gene

I EDC a Greg Lightfoot fixed blade that is Damasteel. I'm really happy with it. Holds an edge well and the kydex/sharkskin sheath with the tecklock is great.
Anotherpockets.jpg

Just thought of this maker. Ohare knives makes some with Damasteel too. I've never owned one but I think I've seen references on this forum to his work.

I know Jeff Diotte use stainless damascus and may have a few already made up,You can call him at (519) 978-9387 (best way to contact him),He is also the owner of Downie knife supply and has some of his knives up for sale on the site
www.stainlessdamascus.com

Back