starter 2.7

Saw this in the Facebook group. Glad Guy can enjoy his own knives :thumbup:

Seeing the knife in his hand makes me wonder, why is there the squared pommel on this small model and not a rounded end like on the necker II? I know I'll love mine I'm just curious because he made his hidden lanyard design to avoid hot spots and it looks in pics like those corners would dig right into your palm. I'm sure it will make more sense once I hold one.

This thread made it to the second page in just 4 days?!! It sure is nice of SURVIVE! to release new models and reinvent their sales approach just so we have more than enough to chat about :D

Anyways, I've still been thinking about the 2.7 pommel..... maybe the butt is designed for a secure place for the thumb when in reverse grip? I'm curious about the design philosophy!

ANYWAYS, you guys don't want to see the sheath prototype, do you?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCODWNJJbvn/

First, if you're going to have ink, how cool is it when it's your company logo. :cool:

Second, I promise to overlook whatever tweaks need made, and give that combo a loving home. You have my CC info and I don't even care if there's rabbit blood still on it!

Looks like another purchase for me down the road. Perfect edc size, might even replace my necker 2.

You're killing me with all of these photos! Why didn't I order one of these things beforehand??

I'm regretting not buying one too. Looks like a sweet lil blade. Can't wait to hear from those that edc a 3.5 and get they're thoughts.

I think we'll both have to deal with the manic Monday sales once we hear feedback on them. This thing is going to be great for a lot of people that have ridiculous knife laws in their towns.

I think we'll both have to deal with the manic Monday sales once we hear feedback on them. This thing is going to be great for a lot of people that have ridiculous knife laws in their towns.

Even without the knife laws it will be great. I seem to use my smaller knives more than the larger ones. This 2.7 is a must have for me.

Even without the knife laws it will be great. I seem to use my smaller knives more than the larger ones. This 2.7 is a must have for me.

As much as I love my larger blades, I've got to agree. The smaller blades see a lot more use. The 2.7 should be a perfect little workhorse.

Agreed. I won't leave the house without the 3.5 and it has replaced every medium to small knife I have owned. Even all of the folders are sold off because of it. These little knives save a lot of money!

This thread made it to the second page in just 4 days?!! It sure is nice of SURVIVE! to release new models and reinvent their sales approach just so we have more than enough to chat about :D

Anyways, I've still been thinking about the 2.7 pommel..... maybe the butt is designed for a secure place for the thumb when in reverse grip? I'm curious about the design philosophy!

I believe it still has the pommel because it was designed as a youth/small handed person knife. Look at the video again. In my hand it looks like a GSO-4.1 would in Guy's hand. He wanted it to be just as functional for us little people. There may have been more to it than that. I will try to remember to ask him about it sometime when he isn't being productive.

I believe it still has the pommel because it was designed as a youth/small handed person knife. Look at the video again. In my hand it looks like a GSO-4.1 would in Guy's hand. He wanted it to be just as functional for us little people. There may have been more to it than that. I will try to remember to ask him about it sometime when he isn't being productive.

Thank you, ma'am! That makes a lot of sense. You made me think of Miles Finch and Tyrion Lannister :D

Your input is always valued :thumbup:

Guy did also say that the swell of the handles makes it still work for the larger handed people. He didn't notice any issues when he was using it.

From the Survive! Knives production update mail:
The GSO-2.7 run has finished at heat treat and is in our workshop! As soon as handles and sheaths arrive, preorders will start to ship out. :D:D

Last edited:
From the Survive! Knives production update mail:
The GSO-2.7 run has finished at heat treat and is in our workshop! As soon as handles and sheaths arrive, preorders will start to ship out. :D:D

Read that too. I'm excited and I came onto the Survive! Knives too late to get one.

Dumb question- what is the difference between the starter and the presale or are they one in the same?

Back