Starting a local knife club

I’ve been part of the “is knife collecting lonely” chatter and think I should take action rather than complain about it.

Do any of you have any experience with successful clubs? It seems like getting local exposure will be the biggest challenge.

Can you promote it on this site?

Any help, suggestions, or guidance would be very helpful.

I’m still the only person I know who could care less than zero about knives.

I search a site local people list stuff items they want to sell for the word knife at least once or twice a week. I've haven't actually bought a knife from there but I might one day. If I saw an ad about a local club I'd click on it. No guarantees from there but you'd have an opportunity to gain my interest.

You'd probably have more luck finding a local rod and gun club and joining that. The members won't focus on knives but they will use them and not be weirded out by blades.

You could try to start a local facebook knife group/club and see if you get some local people to follow/join. If you get several local folks, you could always try to do a real meet up at some point.

How do you post or advertise on fb? No clue. I'm not on fb.

Not sure what other social media thingies you could try. I'm not on social media (and I would like to stay that way).

I’ve been part of the “is knife collecting lonely” chatter and think I should take action rather than complain about it.

Do any of you have any experience with successful clubs? It seems like getting local exposure will be the biggest challenge.

Can you promote it on this site?

Any help, suggestions, or guidance would be very helpful.

I’m still the only person I know who could care less than zero about knives.
As long as it is a brick and mortar operation, you can announce club meetings in Community Center Forum.

We successfully started the NJ Knife Collector's Association about 15 years ago. It is still going.

I would say that if I were a member of a local club, I might be more inclined to trade around. As it is, "black hole".

Back