Steak knives suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I need a little guidance. My wife is looking to purchase a new set of steak knives for the family. She prefers metal handles to wood ones (she doesn't want to have to hand wash), with a non-serrated blade. We always hear Shun and Wustof as two of the most commonly mentioned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited:
If you are going to put in the dishwasher buy something cheap. I'm also not aware of Shun making an all steel knife. Global does, wusthof does (Culinar and their cheaper ones), Henckel does, etc. The Global's and the Wusthof's Culinar's are nice knives but not sure of the others.

IMO you get a lot more value in a knife that doesn't require it being all stainless. Wusthof Classic blade = Wusthof Culinar blade FYI. IMO opinion you should also avoid chippy metals like VG10 if you are cutting on ceramics. Some of the powdered steels are probably a lot better and certainly the softer german steels.

Thank you for the suggestions! I think you guys are right, for something that is going to go in the dishwasher, cheaper is better! Thank you Brandon for the tips on the types of metal we should be looking at. And I like those Henckels 357!

I bought us a set of Kamikoto Honsu steel kitchen knives (*FYI - using Japanese steel but made in China) and a set of MIYABI Koh steak knives from Seki. The MIYABIs have been awesome for steak, etc. and I’ve seen them on Amazon for great prices a few times.
zeNhQRR.jpg

Back