Steel Heart A2 current market value??

Wow! I see rdnzl say Infi SH II knives go for $450-500. How come? It's only a short time since I received my straight handled SH II, and it was $297. Why/where the big jump? Just curious; I am using mine, not selling it.

Lane

[This message has been edited by Lane Dexter (edited 03-05-2001).]

Collectors value. It's whatever the market will bear. Once a knife is out of production, it would seem that anything goes. Supply and demand etc........

Once we stop making a knife. . . .we stop making it. Period. We will not reintroduce it, despite any overwhelming demand that might exist. That way we can insure that those who collect Busse's will have a very high level of protection on their investment. Busse prices will only get higher with time . . . .this ensures that even if you beat your knife senseless you will probably be able to at least get out of it what you paid for it years later.

Yours in nuclear collectability,

Jerry Busse

a few experiences....

At Blade 2000, I sold a bird's beak A-2 mint SHII for $875 and it was worth more...was from the first production run...had the original Eagle Sheath.

Shortly thereafter, sold over a dozen with bird's beak and rounded pommels for $550-$750 based on condition and where they fell in the production line.....again, they were worth more.

If you can find a bird's beak in mint condition, call me!
biggrin.gif

Andy Prisco
Sharper Instinct, LLC
www.sharperinstinct.com
877-557-5200

Well, if rdnzl (or anyone else) is willing to pay $500 for a knife, then I guess that knife must be worth $500. He's right--it's all just a matter of whatever the market will bear.

BTW Andy or Jerry: what is the difference between a SH and a SH2? I was under the impression that all the bird beaks were Steel Hearts and all the rounded pommels were SH2's, but obiously that is not the case. I know it wasn't the switch to INFI that distinguishes them, since many SH2's were still A2. Any info to help fill the gap in my Busse education would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by X-Head (edited 03-03-2001).]

brain fart
biggrin.gif

woohoo.......2nd page!!!

when do I start on fire?? burn, baby, burn!!

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 03-03-2001).]

In my perusings I have found that used Busses hold their value quite nicely compared to other knives. Mint Busses are obviously worth more, but people know that when a knife is this tough, just because it's used, it doesn't mean it isn't still worth decent money.

Steel Heart IIs have 7.5" blades and Steel Hearts have 6.5" blades. That's all.

Yours in nuclear distinguishments,

Jerry Busse

Jerry,
You just answered I question I never even thought to ask!!! Oh, how refreshing it is to quench my thirst for knowledge!!

I'm am just going to tag another few questions on to the end of this thread, perhaps someone will see them, no harm if not.

Can a symmetrical edge be converted to the present semi-convex, and would this be warranted?

Also, all 1/4" SHII's are INFI, that much we know, right?

Earlier INFI SHII's could have the symmetrical edge though, right?

How about those that came with the Hi-Desert Low Ride Tactical Kydex sheath's....INFI?

Don't you just love these un-answerable questions....
wink.gif

Thanks all
smile.gif

slag

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 03-04-2001).]

VERY informative thread...thanks, Jerry! You also answered the question I've had but never directly asked as to why Busse never brings back a discontinued design, regardless how much demand there may be. While it does make it tougher for people like me who are trying to get a straight handled model, it is good for the collector and/or long-time Busse customer as it protects his investment and ensures its growth in value. My only regret is that you guys didn't make the straight handled model for a few more years before discontinuing them, but we can't have everything. Anyway, my apologies, Jerry, and I promise to stop asking you to bring back the straight handled models. I guess they're kind of like Elvis--they were great while they lasted, but they're gone now, and we all need to accept that fact and get over it.

Back