steel upgrade

I have a magna with both aluminum and zytel handles. They are very well made and designed. I would like to buy the same knife with 154cm or bg-42 blades.Have you considered making a limited(or not so limited) run of knives with bladesteel up to the quality of the knife's design and construction?

------------------
The thorn stands to defend the Rose, yet it is peaceful and does not seek conflict

Definitely a valid request and I appreciate your comments. I also believe the Magna is in a class by itself. Unfortunately since the Al Magna is at a price point that competes with so many other knives, sales for this model are limited. Therefore upgrading the steel and raising the price would result in even more limited sales. While the Zytel Magna is selling well I also belive it is because of it's attractive price point. Therefore upgrading the Zytel Magna would also limit result in limited sales. Although the Magna is a high quality model it is still a production knife and would require a substantial quantity to produce a run of knives with upgraded steel. Even then it would require additional marketing on our part to promote the premium version. Unless we receive numerous requests for an upgraded Magna I regret it is probably not feasible.

I don't know what Kit would charge for a premium blade but it might be worth asking him how much it would be to insert a custom Carson BG-42 blade in your production Magna. I you do go this route you still might be better off buying the real thing.

Back