Stellar Vic Customer Service!

A tale of two knives: a few years ago, I bought a used Huntsman SAK (right). The blade was ground down, the scissors were broken, & the saw was bent. I sent it in to Vic warranty repair, explained it was a used knife and that I was not the original owner, and asked them how much it would be to fix it. They sent me a brand new Huntsman (left) as well as my old one back again, completely free of charge (aside from their standard $5 handling fee)! Stellar customer service, and now I have both the old one, made 1986-91, and being an “economy” model, lacking the hook and toothpick and tweezers, as well as a brand shiny new one! I’ve been carrying the new one for the past few days and it’s ideal for both the office and the woods. Small enough that it disappears in your pocket (although I do love my 111s), and with the saw, more woods-useful than my trusty Climber. Thumbs up to Vic for standing behind their products!
50045730112_da5aba331a_w_d.jpg

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Aside from Buck, I don't know of any other cutlery company that will go to the length that Victorinox will, to back their product. But then, when you're the biggest one on top of the mountain, you can go that length.

Victoriox has spent a lot of decades over the past century developing a certain reputation in that field. It pays off in spades when people who are not knife nuts, or gear nuts, need a pocket knife and they see the display of red handle knives and recognize the "Swiss Army Knife." It has a recognition right up there with Bic pens, Timex watches, Toyota cars and trucks. You just know that tis going to work like its supposed to and keep on expected. And doingorinox knows this too.

So, when once in a while one comes back for some repair, even if its a bit over the top, they can afford to be a bit generous. Even to the point of replacing the entire unit and returning the original as well. They knife they can't buy advertising like that at any money. That person is going to tell all their friends and family, and in some cases like this, put it on a forum. Word gets out how Victoriox was sooooo generous that others wll buy a SAK as a result.

Just one of the reasons SAK's have been from the deepest ocean to the top of Mount Everest, and on into space. All other pocket knives pale to insignificance beside a SAK!

Yikes...I’m guessing those tools weren’t bent during normal use lol, but I’m happy to hear they stood behind their product and went above and beyond to take care of you. It definitely rivals Buck and ESEE’s warranty, and I consider them the best in the business.

I like how the large blade was ground into a sheepsfoot. I wonder if it was because the owner wanted that profile, or used their imagination to deal with a broken tip?

Yikes...I’m guessing those tools weren’t bent during normal use lol, but I’m happy to hear they stood behind their product and went above and beyond to take care of you. It definitely rivals Buck and ESEE’s warranty, and I consider them the best in the business.

When they say lifetime warranty, they really mean it. Cost them $64.00 CAD plus shipping to send me that knife. With it, they bought a whole pile of goodwill.

I like how the large blade was ground into a sheepsfoot. I wonder if it was because the owner wanted that profile, or used their imagination to deal with a broken tip?

We’ll never know, but given the heavy use the rest of the knife has seen, I think the latter is pretty likely. Whoever did that had a tool that they wanted to keep; nice to see in this throwaway age.

When they say lifetime warranty, they really mean it. Cost them $64.00 CAD plus shipping to send me that knife. With it, they bought a whole pile of goodwill.

Sorry, but I doubt it cost them that much. I would make a small bet that it cost them less than it would have to repair the old one. It was a nice gesture, though.

I, too, can testify to the Customer Service Department at Victorinox USA. On June 19, 2020 I sent an old Champion b with the long narrow nail file complete with a short list of things to do: replace a broken spring on the scissors, straighten the small knife blade and replace a cracked cover. It arrived back to me exactly three weeks later on July 10, 2020 as per what their website tells us and for the standard $5.00 shipping and handling fee. Amazing! With the new scales and some polishing that was done it looks like a new knife. I didn't know those covers could be so shiny. Anyway, another satisfied customer on the prairie of southern Minnesota.

Back