Blade length--16''
Single edge
Spine thickness--1/8''
Carved wood handle stick sheath
Add to your growing collection at $295. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to order

Last edited:
Total length including handle blade and wooden sheath 33.5''

Oh my! I wish I could afford it. I love everything about it. The Vicious Gentleman.

Thats just beautiful. Makes my skin hurt thinking about the slashing qualities. Where's the edges? Both sides? :eek:?

Thats just beautiful. Makes my skin hurt thinking about the slashing qualities. Where's the edges? Both sides? :eek:?

It's kind of counter-intuitive, but it seems like a more rounded tip makes for a more effective slash. The really pointed tips kind of skid or snag a lot of the time. It didn't make much sense to me, but then I remembered a video I saw of someone demonstrating cutting with a serrated blade, and how the serrated blade actually did not cut better in a standard cut (as opposed to a sawing cut) than a plain edge. One example I've also seen is a friend of mine who commissioned custom Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knives with a chisel tip instead of the standard tip. He mentioned how the chisel tip actually improved cutting and slashing performance dramatically, even though it meant the blade had lost its very sharp tip.

So I'm looking at this stick knife, and it'll make one heck of a thrusting knife, but probably not a great cutter or slasher.

Thank you sir! I just bought me a new turntable but considered delaying it for that stick! Rare one for sure. I only heard of one before and its prolly in BB's pile. Now I can play some old blues records cause i missed it:(

It's kind of counter-intuitive, but it seems like a more rounded tip makes for a more effective slash. The really pointed tips kind of skid or snag a lot of the time. It didn't make much sense to me, but then I remembered a video I saw of someone demonstrating cutting with a serrated blade, and how the serrated blade actually did not cut better in a standard cut (as opposed to a sawing cut) than a plain edge. One example I've also seen is a friend of mine who commissioned custom Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knives with a chisel tip instead of the standard tip. He mentioned how the chisel tip actually improved cutting and slashing performance dramatically, even though it meant the blade had lost its very sharp tip.

So I'm looking at this stick knife, and it'll make one heck of a thrusting knife, but probably not a great cutter or slasher.

I kinda thought a bit about the same thing but being so flexible it might be hard to do any effective thrusting unless you had the entry angle just right. Im comparing it to say a Yataghan or something that has no edge at all but a sharp point. They were made for thrusting because they were bayonets but they sure could slash like hell too but were much stiffer. Very interesting blade. Id love to hear Kumars intent wouldnt you?

Last edited:
I kinda thought a bit about the same thing but being so flexible it might be hard to do any effective thrusting unless you had the entry angle just right. Im comparing it to say a Yataghan or something that has no edge at all but a sharp point. They were made for thrusting because they were bayonets but they sure could slash like hell too but were much stiffer. Very interesting blade. Id love to hear Kumars intent wouldnt you?

I would like to know more about his intent, yes.

Though as I understand it, most Yataghans are cutting oriented. The Chassepot bayonet however ended up with practically no edge due to its cheap scabbard, and it is a Yataghan bayonet.

Back