Sticky suggestion - fit chart

Bud

What do you think of a "fit chart" sticky that would reference your sheath models and their compatible knives? I know you can't list every compatible knife with every sheath in your sales threads so I just thought a reference sticky might assist those with questions and maybe save you some time answering messages about fit.

For example I am watching for a sheath for a K.E. Bushie. As I see your sale threads I'm not always certain which group of knives the Bushie falls into. I know some of the knives are very specific like a Ladyfinger.

It's just a thought Bud. Thanks for all you do for us leather sharks.

Dave

Would be difficult for me to put together, manage, and maintain. Patterns are often modified, updated or abandoned all together. Example, the HB-2 pattern - which really carries A LOT of different style/shape knives .. I have changed it probably a dozen times. Expanded it longer for the KEB & Asp - called it a HB-3 or HB-2 modified. Modified it again when the Monarch can out.

Then there's the 1st issue, the fact that I usually only keep the prototypes or non-sellers for my personal use - and I mainly only carry Runts as my EDCs. I'll get bored with a design or change cues in it that completely change the pattern & welt pattern .. so I file the old pattern.
My wife has 3 or 4 different Minimalist Wallet designs I tried making over the past year. She loves it when I start making another - cause she loves minimalist wallets. But .. things like Camp Knife sheaths, BushScouts, Scout Pouches, etc ... I really dont keep the newest patterns on hand - they sell.

2nd issue .. I dont own every knife model Andy, Dylan, Allen, Chris, etc have made - nor can I keep their names straight half the time. The Part 2 to that, the knife makers make changes to their knife patterns on the fly.

About all I can do at this point is list the models I know my pattern will fit - because I have that model here I can test fit in my pattern.

As for the KE Bushie .. it's an oddball. It's bigger than a Hiking Buddy group, but gets swallowed by the Bushfinger sizes ... yet, it doesnt really fit a Monarch/BC Jr design either. Oddball. I have an Ambidextrous pattern just for it (and the Asp) .. but it rarely gets made. The Ladyfinger .. fits most of my Bushfinger sizes, but because it's so 'finger-like' handle .. it can be loose inside a Scout Pouch - that's why I offered a narrowed Scout Pouch for it and the Recluse.

Maybe, in the future .. when I'm retired and have 7 days a week I can devote to leather work in my little, cluttered, man-cave workshop .. I can offer a lot more insights etc .. as well as custom builds and plain ol' orders.

Bud

Thanks for taking the time to respond Bud and thanks for the input on the Bushie.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Bud and thanks for the input on the Bushie.

No worries. I wish I could have a model page, descriptions, etc .. and a website .. and all kinds of improvements here in my shop, but there's not enough time in the week for all the stuff I want to do .. and some days I burn the candles a little too late as it is.

BTW, if you want to make a KEB build request ... then I can add it to a weekly build list. Suggestions help vs me building blind.

Back