Still having problem with SNG

After 300 open and closing the SNG, I am still having problem closeing it with one hand. Any advise?

Thanks.

Take a pencil and rub some lead on the blade where the lock engages it. That should help.

Orcazero, my Sng has the same firm lock that you mentioned. However I personally would not want it any easier to unlock. For me it is actually a little harder to close than my GB. I can see the urgency to engage or open the knife, but no one to my recollection has ever won anything for the quick close. I actually use two hands to close my Sng. I can close it no problem with one, but usually don't need to. I'M SURE IT'LL

stronger thumbs?....
It depends on if it is sticking, or just really strong.
Try taking a writing pen and bending the lock out just a tiny bit.
It will more than likely work.
If not.....
send it.

m

You say "difficulty closing"...that is interesting to me.

Mine was tough to open and close one handed at first, then, it became easy to open one handed but still a bit tough to close. So, if you are following my pattern...you are getting there!

I soaked the hell out of mine by spraying WD40 into the pivot...all sorts of stuff came out...if you search my posts you will see this in more detail. Then I totally detailed the lock surfaces with paper towels and a clean rag and soaked it again. Since then, there has been amazing progress...now the blade flies open and shuts with much greater ease. Please note, the lock is totally solid, TOTALLY...no play at all. The surfaces are getting to know each other and it takes time....

I dont consider WD40 a "lubricant", but the cleaning effect it had or whatever effect it had, really helped. Stick with it, it is a fabulous piece...

EDIT: Mick and I cross posted, he is the man...you still may first wanna try what I did. Don't be Mad Mick...hey "Mad Mick"...they should make a movie...:p

"Don't be Mad Mick...hey "Mad Mick"...they should make a movie..."

I'd watch it! How about "Mad Mick & Dangerous Duane" for a sequel?

Back