Stolen Kramer Original

9" Carbon steel chef's kinfe with cocobolo or rosewood handles (never knew which), I took it in trade in 2002. Guy told me it was worth $500 at the time. My house was broken into last week (26sep) and among the things stolen was my Kramer chefs knife. Bob is out of town right now and I am unable to get a replacement cost as a result for my insurance company.

Long story short...does anyone know IF I was front of the line today what would I pay for the same knife 9" carbon chef with cocobolo or rosewood handle.

Thank you.

David

Pretty sneaky way to find out the value of a knife without being "gold" or above. Maybe not, but just what I took from his post. Apologies if I am wrong.

Blessings,
Omar

OHallum, I respect what you are saying. I needed a number for insurance to replace a cherished item I will likely never own again due to the lottery and wait time.

Bladeforums is the only other place beside the source that I would trust for an answer.

Additionally, I will now be in the market for a new great carbon knife and have myriad bladesmith's to pick from here who don't have years of waiting.

I have a bunch of great commercial knives, but I loved that handmade blade so much more.

Thank you for your help Knifenut and KSV02!

Back