Storing/Displaying your Busse

In anticipation of the joyful day when my PBF series comes in, I was starting to think of ways to display or mount them. The cord wrap looks too good not to display!

Any suggestions? There are customs sheaths so are there any custom cases out there?

Also, how do you guys store your Busses? I live in an apartment complex so there's no garage to store everything. Right now I toss them in a duffel bag. Seems a bit inhumane to treat my Busse like that but keeps them all in a handy place.

You could always take the route Firehorse did with his Flying Mojo and use a thick juicy steak to display them in:p

As far as storing, I just keep 'em (non-users;))in a cool, dry spot and coat any exposed steel with oil. Usually WD-40 or CLP gets aplied to them. My frequent users just get a tough cloth treatment or a squirt of whatever oil based product I can find.

Chiseen:

You got an order in for the PBF's!? Oh man, sure wish I didn't miss the deadline :(

I also live in an apartment complex and for my users, they are just thrown in a draw.

My Busse collection is displayed in a four level glass showcase that I got at IKEA for under $100. It's very sturdy and the shelved are 15" wide, so they are plenty big enough for almost any Busse (hush chuck, I know a sword won't fit :D). It has two heavy wood slabs for the top and bottom, with a wire structure for the shelves to be mounted. It's nice without blowing money that I could spend on an additional Busse.

I generally store my Busses by hammering them into a concrete wall in the basement :D . Scuffs the coating a bit, but they're sure secure ;)

Get yourself some pegboard, spraypaint it in OD, Day Desert Tan, Black and grey, then hang them bad boys by their talon holes.

I keep some in the safe, some on magnets on the safe,
some in the living room, one or two in each bug-out bag,
and one in each truck.
My wife keeps her Busses in a shadow-box.
Oh yah, I also have a Basic #3 in a tool box

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Eric, I like those display cases! I especially like the shelf case. Really classy. I'll have to pick one up, after the money for the folder frees me up. :D

DN, yup, when I saw the PBF up on the web site for ordering, I jumped at the chance. Which is a good thing, as I didn't know they would be discontinued so fast. Maybe Jerry was scared off by that naming contest we started! heheh That IKEA cabinet looks really cool! From their web page looks like there's a light at the top too. Nice.

I would like to get a gun safe, but I don't own any guns... :( One addiction is enough. :)

Nimrod, that's a great idea. Sounds like you got it down pat. That'll be perfect for storing my users.

Man I love that pic FireHorse!!!

I am there right now......*sigh*

I have a bunch stacked up on the dresser.
Some in the car.
A few in the bug out bag.
A lot of them in the safes.

Chiseen
I've been very happy with the cases(that I posted the link to above)

They are a good quality case, just be sure you get one that is big enough and also if it is one with a lid, one that is thick enough. I bought mine for my folders and now I've sold most of my folders to buy more Busses. The Busses sure won't fit in the same cases ;):D LOL

LOL! :p Now if only I can get a tree in my place...

I did manage to track down a sword rack for three knives that should fit the PBF.

It's from Cold Steel and has their logo on it, but that can be fixed. :D

Then I can put them in this neat case from ikea

Of course, my users will always be at the ready.

Nimrod, thanks for the cool idea:D

It sounds like a totally space efficient method of storage for those of us that don't have three safes;)

...maybe a little od carpet and some music when the door is opened!
It would be just like the HK grey room, only in green and full of Busses:p

As far as sound tracks to play upon the door opening I could use some suggestions. All I'm able to come up with so far is the theme from 2001;)

Originally posted by Strabs
... As far as sound tracks to play upon the door opening I could use some suggestions. All I'm able to come up with so far is the theme from 2001. ;)

Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries". Think "Apocalypse Now".

Back