storm gone, power back on finally..buck mesa..

jbmonkey

I'm going to r/kennyland
Platinum Member
well we survived. trees down, power down...giant mess to clean up still working, power just came back on we are lucky, many folks out of power for weeks....buck mesa and buck ballcap worked with me on trim work on tree clean up....

special thanks to Dave Martin for his support and prayers for us all. 1505167915263437162415.jpg

Sooo glad you, your family and house made it thru Irma. You have a story to tell now. How grateful we are for your safety. DM

Glad to hear man. I hope everything gets back to normal soon. Or as close as it can given the horrible circumstances. You and everyone else that has to deal with this uncontrollable situation will be in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong brother...

Glad you all are safe. A lot of people are coming home to nothing.
yes Sir. i was very lucky. have friends and family all over the state who lost a lot. many people who are suffering. we'll help them rebuild, thats what we do down here.

Glad to hear man. I hope everything gets back to normal soon...

I don't believe there is anything "normal" in Florida.
If there is, I've not seen it in the 17 years I've lived here.
Of course that might be because I lived in Tampa, St. Pete, the Keys, and in Homestead. :)

One day at a time. Day 3 with out power. I'm 10 times better off than a lot of folks. I'll just take a pass on another though, if you don't mind.

I am 20 miles west of Ocala and the days leading up to Irma going over us was frankly scary. 180 mph winds means it's just a giant tornado that lasts for hours. Still a category 4 at landfall and the furture track going to both the east and west coasts at times it made sense to be very wary of this one. I stayed because I wanted to be here to protect my house if needed. My prayers were answered as we never even lost power once even tho all around us the power was lost. We ended up having friends come because we were the only one that had airconditioning and running water. Power is still out in many places around here. .

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I'm west of Ocala as well. Day 4 without power. The land line is working. Cell is intermittent and still can't text. I was able to communicate through HAM radio. The yard is a mess. Overall I'm doing well. It's not my first time going though a hurricane. Guess I better get back out there and get a little more done before I have to go to work.

well we survived. trees down, power down...giant mess to clean up still working, power just came back on we are lucky, many folks out of power for weeks....buck mesa and buck ballcap worked with me on trim work on tree clean up....

special thanks to Dave Martin for his support and prayers for us all. View attachment 763826

It's good to learn that you weren't so adversely affected by this storm.My family spent some time in Florida and weathered a few of these hurricanes,only not so severe.

It's odd how a storm like Irma can do so much damage in one place but even a short distance away the effects are completely different. .My house sits in a little valley (around 100 acres ) and I heard a huge roar around 4:00 am when the tv said the core winds were coming close but I estimate that the winds was less than 50 mph on the ground in my yard. Still scary but not catastrophic. Tornados are like that too. One house destroyed but the house next door little damage.

The Buck Mesa is a good choice of knives. I see you have a different sheath for it, I like it. And I have one of those ball caps too :thumbsup:

I have friends and relatives in FL and it's nerve-racking every time a storm approaches. All I can do is pray for the best from far away.

I hope everyone gets everything back in order quickly!

Back