Straight Spine Stretch

Got mine from National Knives yesterday in the mail. I signed up for one from KnifeCenter a few weeks ago but they apparently still don't have theirs in yet.

Grips feel the same as a typical Stretch 2. As far as I can tell the spydiehole is in the same exact position as the old-style Stretch 2s. I really like the grippiness of the edge. I happen to like VG-10. I haven't used it yet on anything except for an envelope. I can't wait to try to Rit dye it to a gray-blue color close to the grip color on the V-Toku 2 model.

spyderco-c90fpiv2__12352.1568743122.jpg

Such a clean design. And that FFG looks beautiful as always.

I've come full circle on VG10.
I appreciate that it's easy to sharpen.

I really, really like the Stretch Straightback. A lot.
I don't particularly have the $$ for another knife (for me) at the moment. Other expenditures & whatnot.

Been carrying mine for two days - I love it. My favorite has always been the PM2 (S35VN and the Rex45), and the straight spine stretch is pretty much that knife with the lockback and FRN grip.

Honestly I think I prefer this straight spine stretch 2. I like the lockback, I actually like VG10 (this showed up with an incredible edge), and this is my first FRN handles. Really liking these grips. I am a fan of the color. I picked up a few for X-mas gifts for some of the family.

Just got one from secret santa and really liking it so far. Mine will probably get the rit dye and stone wash treatment as well.

Here's a couple pics I took of mine last night. Not exactly glamour shots but....

39vsw92.jpg

mNbRRXv.jpg
Liking the look of this iteration. My only nitpick with the Stretch was a propensity for the tip to become exposed when closed after a lot of sharpenings - this almost looks as though the blade sits a bit deeper, but that may be an optical illusion due to the spine profile.

I like the Straight Spine Stretch enough that I would purchase again in other handle colors and blade steels. I want to go on record and say it is not a PM2 with FRN scales. The scales and blade shape are not that close after you put the two together and really look at them. The SSS fits my hands better and I like the blade shape better on the SSS.

Sal, if you see this - I think you really nailed it with the straight spine stretch! Liking this knife more and more. I have been a long time military and para-military fan, and I think this straight spine stretch has usurped them (for me). Has that perfect grip and blade length that I think the PM2 retains, but I think enhanced with the FRN and cleaner blade lines. I am glad you went with the ivory color - nice clean look for EDC, and I like scales that contrast well should I drop it or set it down in the woods. All my knives get deer duty (though I have used up my tags for this season).

Now... a straight spine stretch with Lc200N and blaze orange scales... that would REALLY be something else!

Back