Photos Strider blade grinds

I'm not sure that there is a specific name for those grinds. I suppose you could call the bottom one a modified saber grind.

There is no real "desirability" rating for Strider's steel. It was all good, and heat treated by the best at the time (and arguably still the best), Bos heat treating - back when Paul was still running the show. The secondary market is insane with regards to Strider pricing, and it does not appear to be driven by - or have any preference for - the type of steel.

it was hard to find at a reasonable, by today’s standards, price on these. The SnG I got from someone here at a decent price, the PT from an online dealer that I’ve used a few times so not sure if this was marked up or just msrp. I don’t know if the PT was just produced or one from the past production line models. Regardless it was pricey for what it is. It does have double flamed ti scales which I really like

Last edited:
I'm not sure that there is a specific name for those grinds. I suppose you could call the bottom one a modified saber grind.

There is no real "desirability" rating for Strider's steel. It was all good, and heat treated by the best at the time (and arguably still the best), Bos heat treating - back when Paul was still running the show. The secondary market is insane with regards to Strider pricing, and it does not appear to be driven by - or have any preference for - the type of steel.
I didn't know Bos heat treated Strider blades. Good to know.
I was under the impression that the treatment is still basically the same, though - I know the master has gone, and your knives aren't being treated by Bos himself, but the technique, I would imagine, was replicated, otherwise it'd be a shame to call it Bos treating. Is this mistaken?

The PD1 on my SnG is pretty great and seems to me to be a desirable steel among the Strider crowd…

I didn't know Bos heat treated Strider blades. Good to know.
I was under the impression that the treatment is still basically the same, though - I know the master has gone, and your knives aren't being treated by Bos himself, but the technique, I would imagine, was replicated, otherwise it'd be a shame to call it Bos treating. Is this mistaken?

Paul left his company - and processes and methods - in very capable hands. :)

for what it is worth I confimred the PT I posted above was from 2022 blade show.

I always liked the Strider designs, but the price was always more than I wanted to pay. Not to mention that 1/3 of the blade is choil.

I always liked the Strider designs, but the price was always more than I wanted to pay. Not to mention that 1/3 of the blade is choil.
it was my first strider, I completely agree. Yet, I'm glad I have it in my collection.

Back