Review Strider Fixed Blade Kydex Sheaths - Why So Bad?

Fixed blades are my favorite and I carry one every day of my life. I’ve probably owned, bought, or sold close to 60 fixed blades in my life. After going through so many knives, I eventually figured out what my personal preferences are. I prefer scales/grips instead of paracord, I prefer an overall length of under 9”, and I prefer a kydex sheath instead of leather or nylon. With the exception of Busse and Swamp Rat knives, almost every fixed blade that I buy comes with a kydex sheath from the factory. Every one of these factory kydex sheaths has been of good quality, except for one brand… Strider!

Every single Strider fixed blade that I have owned or handled has had a garbage kydex sheath. The kydex is always way too tight around the blade area and leaves scuff marks on the blade’s finish. The Strider kydex sheaths never come with a thumb ramp either. The lack of thumb ramp in combination with the tight tolerances make drawing their blades difficult to say the least. Plus their sheaths never come with a good attachment clip of any sort.

Sorry for complaining, but stuff like this drives me nuts. Strider knives are some of the more expensive fixed blades that I own. For all of that $$$$$ Strider should start using better quality kydex sheaths that don’t ruin the finish of their blades.

Strider should pull a Hinderer and have Buy Brown do their kydex! ;) Azwelke or Mashed Cat would be a major improvement too!

Last edited:
Back