Strider GB, One year review.

Hi to all,
Well, I have had my GB for about a year now. It was a gift to myself last Christmas. I have bought other nice folders since then but they don't get to spend much, if any time in the pocket. It seems that I can't let the GB sit in the safe at all. Whenever I reach for a folder for the pocket, the GB always jumps into the pocket. I have found that it works well at all tasks I put it to, with the exception of cleaning under my nails.:p :rolleyes: That tip will not fit under a fingernail no matter how hard I try. Oh well, I guess no knife can do all things. For all other tasks the GB has been great. I work in a machine shop that makes all sorts of valves and other special parts for the Navys Subs and other fleet vessels.I am always having to cut open boxes,straps,bags, and all sorts of containers.It shrugs off these tasks as if they are nothing. When I have to peel, or scrape gummy things out of the way, it is there with the tip that seems designed for this abuse. Don't get me wrong. I do not abuse the knife, but it gets used daily for all sorts of chores, and I don't have to worry that I might hurt the knife. With most past knives, there was always that underlying fear that I might break it or chip the edge. Not so with the GB. Use it, clean it, sharpen it, and never a worry about failure. The thought never seems to enter my mind. Even when working in the yard where I don't usually bother to strap on a large fixed blade, unless I am planning on heavy limbing, the GB is there, taking small limbs that get in my way down. I guess you all know these things already if you own any Strider. Preaching to the choir, so to speak. I guess this review of sorts is just to say, Thanks Mick and all of the Strider crew for a great product!!:D A product that is good enough that I never think about problems with it. Use it and put it back. It will always be there!!:D ;)

Back