Strider SB-1 Q...

I just got my new folder, and the blade is loose when opened (it moves up and down, as well as side-to-side). This isn't normal is it? What would you suggest I do? Send it back to Buck or Strider, to the dealer friend I bought it from, or try to tighten the hell out of it? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

--Robert

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

If your friend has more in stock, just trade for a new one. He can send it back to Buck. Or even better, send it to us, Ill send you a new one.

That really bugs me. Your not the first person to have this happen. Time for a trip to Buck.

Talk to you soon.

MS

Mick:

Received the Tank...I mean SB-1...today. Looks like it got some 'special' treatment (rounded edges, oiled pivot)! Thank you so much for helping me out. I'm still trying to get a price quote on a BT w/spine serrations, a slightly longer lower guard, Tiger Striped blade and black paracord. When I do, I'll most likely be placing my order! You guys ROCK!
biggrin.gif

Thanks again!
--Robert

------------------
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by rfrost (edited 11-09-2000).]

Hey there,
Look a little closer, compare it to someone else's. I also re-ground the bevel and point. You now possess the only SB-1 that has been "tuned up" by Strider Knives.

Talk to you soon.

MS

Post Script:
BT.SS.TS.B Price: Three hundred seventy five of your dollars and six months of your patience.

How was the bevel and point reground? Does it have more of a point and edge now or less? How much does it differ form my stock version?

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If The Women Don't Find You Handsome,
They Should At Least Find You Handy. R.G.

Keith:

I happen to have a "before" scan, and I'll scan the "after" tomorrow at work. It took some close comparrison to my scan, but I was able to determine that Mick did the following mods:

• Rounded all the edges on the handle;
  • Oiled the blade pivot nicely;
  • Smoothed out the opening stud, and rounded the part my thumb hits;
  • Ground the blade up a little higher;
  • Reduced the secondary bevel (it's almost non-existant);
  • Reshaped the tip somewhat;
  • Made it scary-sharp!
    eek.gif

I'll scan the new model and post BOTH scans here for comparison.

Mick, my sincerest thanks! I wasn't expecting the extra special treatment! I'll carry (and use!) this SB-1 with pride! Now, about that BT...
biggrin.gif

--Robert

------------------
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

Back