Stronger multi-tools?

I've carried Leatherman Supertool, Gerber 600, SOG Powerlock and Swisstool. I have always tried to find something better I Guess. I know what you mean about the Philips head twisting on the Leatherman but to be honest I never broken it. I did manage to break the SOG but SOG replaced the part quickly and even sent me a spare Philips bit. Of the tools that I have though I would say the Swisstool is the toughest. You might want to ruoghen up the Philips a little to get a better bite but overall I think it's the most solid. Since I use the knives and screwdrivers more than the pliers I especially like that you can access them without opening the handles. My bug out bag and survival gear both have Swisstools in them even with the other choices available. That might change when the new Leatherman models come out but I want to see how strong they are.

Sorry to revive a thread from a couple eons ago...

Speaking of stronger tools, does anyone know where I can find a nice pair of stainless needlenose? Ones that arent a multi-tool... just something for retrieving hooks from the fishies!

Back