Stuck CLip

I recently got a new style clip and found it did not really fit the area made for it. I shruged it off thinking it was just because it was a new clip and screwed it on with moderate force. It went on fine, but today when I tried to remove it it would not come out. I've tugged at it pretty hard but it seems pretty stuck in there. Any ideas?

Johnny, take and move the clip side to side and it will work it's self free. I just took one off a Tanto that I'm working on right now and found it was REALLY on there, not the screw but the clip itself, wedged or press fit into the space....

Careful though!
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

if gary's method doesnt work you might want to take a non marring hammer like a plastic faced gunsmithing hammer and LIGHTLY tap the opposite side like you would do to remove a smith and wesson plate that covers the trigger mechanisms....i have had the same problem that you mentioned and the single light tap did the trick without marring the finish or abusing the knife or breaking anything....feverdoc

Gary, I tried moving the clip from side to side, and I did it pretty hard too. It will not budge.

feverdoc, I tapped the clip with my leatherman supertool which is pretty heavy and that did not help.

I also oiled the area but that it's still in there pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

Wow! You really got it stuck in there...You sure you removed the screw?
biggrin.gif

When I first got my new clip, it also fit tight...Not so tight that I couldnt remove it with a firm pull though.

I think I would just give it the gorilla treatment, grab hold and pull it up until it comes out, then rebend it afterwards.

If and when you get it off, do what I did...Take your Sharpmaker or similar stone and work down the sides a bit.

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If The Women Don't Find You Handsome,
They Should At Least Find You Handy. R.G.

[This message has been edited by Kdarmy (edited 11-05-2000).]

Johnny.....you must have one of the very rare integral clips! they were milled and cut out of the same slap the scale is made from, they just drilled the hole and scribed some lines around the end to make it look like it comes out....you are a lucky guy!
G2

CR Knives are made to be taken apart to be cleaned! (CRK's words, not mine.) If you bend the clip due to poor fit, I'm sure they will send you a new one...

A lot less costly than an unhappy customer!

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Johnny - I know it might be inconvenient to send the knife back to us but we would really like to have a look at it so we can figure out what is wrong and prevent it happening further. We have never known this happen before and we will certainly do whatever is needed to remedy the problem.

Anne

I'll send it on it's way asap Anne. And Gary, I know it's not an integral clip cuz I put it on there!

Johnny....I was a kiddin' ya,
just a bit....

smile.gif

G2

Told you they would take care of it! I bet CRK will even pay your shipping to them!!! And might even give you a loaner until you get it it back!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Michael

Haeting the slab while holding an ice cube on the clip might have worked; so would putting the knife in a freezer for a bit.

Anyway, it's good to know that CRK is always there.

Back