Off Topic Stuck screw on Spyderco Yojimbo 2

JDX

So I was taking apart my yoji 2 and when I went to put it together, I somehow managed to get a screw stuck. Basically it's the one near the pivot and I slightly missed the threads and put it in too tight. So it's slightly tilted and also raised which is annoying. Trying to get it out was impossible.

I had one torx on one side hold the opposite screw as I tried to unscrew the messed up one. When trying to loosen it, it just unscrews the opposite side.

It's now at the stage where I stripped the screw and have to resort to a Phillips or just hold it with pliers.

Idk what to do. Idk if anyone can give me some advice or if I should send it to spyderco or what. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

No the warranty isn't voided by taking it apart; you can take it apart an put it together a hundred times and still be good.

The cross threaded screw isn't a defect, that's a mishap. Like hitting a big rock with your car; it's not Ford's fault it happened.

So they're most likely going to charge you to fix it but they're going to fix it right without causing collateral damage to the G10 or any other mayhem.

No the warranty isn't voided by taking it apart; you can take it apart an put it together a hundred times and still be good.

The cross threaded screw isn't a defect, that's a mishap. Like hitting a big rock with your car; it's not Ford's fault it happened.

So they're most likely going to charge you to fix it but they're going to fix it right without causing collateral damage to the G10 or any other mayhem.

This here is exactly why I never fool around with taking down a knife unless it really needs repair .o_O:thumbsdown:

It's also why many makers specifically void your warranty if you mess around !

Must admit I tend to not mess with my Spyderco knives - so far has had no reason to.

Have encountered a Spyderco, on which the screws had been tampered with.
Maybe to adjust the pivot tension.

The knife clearly does not work quite as smoothly as the identical (untampered) specimen, which I own.

That being said, Im usually the first to pull new gear apart but with Spydercos, Ive just have had no reason to.

Back