SUBCOM Folder Variants release date...

Aloha ALL,

Hey everyone...I was just informed by Boker Germany that the likes of the RESCOM Folder and WHARCOM Folder will be released this November. Only the ALL Black SF will come out in October...(Just in time for Halloween?!!:rolleyes: )

So just one more month...sorry folks.

God bless and mahalo:thumbup:

PS: I am assuming the SFB to be out in November also...just to be safe.:eek:

That's acceptable to me, gives me time to save up some spending money.:thumbup:

Thanks for the update Chad.:cool:

Thanks daywalker, I'll be waiting for that WF! I love my SF (1st gen) but the WF will get quite a lot of pocket time! CAN'T WAIT!!!:thumbup:

Aloha you two!

Thanks for your patience...especially you Scott!:p

Off all the SFV's, I too, have been awaiting the WHARCOM Folder...Ahhhh, I just got a "thing" for a straight edge.:rolleyes:

God bless and take care:thumbup:

Daywalker said:
Thanks for your patience...especially you Scott!:p

Yes I know. I am world renowned for my utter lack of patience:D

It's ok, I'll survive, because I've got all the Biscuits to snack on until the main course arrives. My honey Biscuit(gotta love the names Zen came up with) should be here any day now. I ordered it direct from Boker the same day Terry posted the thread stating they were here.

Tan Subcom as an appetizer, followed a nice salad in the form of the Black Blade Subcom, Rescom and Wharncom are my soup and breadsticks, which leads into main course, the Supreme Grand Master Subcom, the SFB.:D

Terry knows how to shut me up:p

smcfalls13 said:
...which leads into main course, the Supreme Grand Master Subcom, the SFB.:D

Aloha brother,

Oh...that is FAR from the "Supreme Grand Master SUBCOM"...;)

God bless ya bro:D

Daywalker said:
Aloha brother,

Oh...that is FAR from the "Supreme Grand Master SUBCOM"...;)

God bless ya bro:D

Well it's the biggest;) , unless you've a MegaCom somewhere in the near future:p

That's a scary thought, a Subcom with an 8" blade:eek:

J85909266 said:
What's the estimated time one the green subcom?

Good question. I'd like to know too. If the ones we've already seen are coming out in November, I'd estimate the green ones as early next year, if Boker decides to produce them(still haven't heard if that's a sure thing yet)

Makes sense. Still, the Wharcom and Rescom are totally different blade shapes. The green is just a matter of changing the FRN in the machines. I would think (hope) they could get those out a little faster if they are actually making them.

Chad,

I like that Wharcom. :)

I do not follow this area really, so this question is probably out of place, but is the new Wharcom and the Rescom being produced in Germany? It appears the steel is AUS 8.

Sorry if this questions is out of place.

Can't wait on that Wharcom.

:) :)

plowboy said:
Chad,

I do not follow this area really, so this question is probably out of place, but is the new Wharcom and the Rescom being produced in Germany? It appears the steel is AUS 8.

No problem. Both the Wharncom and Rescom will be made in Taiwan and will be AUS-8.

If it being made in Taiwan bothers you, rest assured that the quality is excellent.

Thanks, smcfalls13. I was hoping it would be made in Germany, but thanks for the affirmation that the quality will be there.

:)

plowboy said:
Thanks, smcfalls13. I was hoping it would be made in Germany, but thanks for the affirmation that the quality will be there.

:)

If it were crap, it wouldn't have survived my pocket. My Subcom rides on the keychain with various other stuff, and has been there non stop for months(not sure how many, but it's been since the model was released) and it's still going strong.

Lock up is perfect out of the box, no blade play, and the blade is always shaving sharp(all 5 of mine were popping hairs) Clip can be a little tight at first, but I'd rather have it too tight than too loose.

plowboy said:
Chad,

Aloha Plowboy,

Assuming you are the "same one", good to see you here! Scott is correct in all that he mentioned...rest assured, the quality IS there. The thing's that Scott's SF has gone through are a good indicator of "everyday carry"...I have done that as well as uh..."not so everyday things". Like slamming it into phone books, throwing it, slashing and thrusting into my "CNT Dummy" (Cut N' Thrust)...only thing I ever had to do was tighten the pivot screw.;)

Thanks for stopping by and I am with you on the WHARCOM Folder!!!

God bless and rest assured...:thumbup:

Back