SUBCOM In AUS8 IS HERE!!!!

Aloha guys,

Uh, can I third an amen to this?:rolleyes: :D

God bless and mahalo knifebrothers!:thumbup:

I emailed knifecenter sometime ago, asking if they had any AUS8 SUBCOM's in stock.

Haven't heard a word from 'em :(

Outlaw,
I know they have them, and that seems unusual for them.
They are one of the better internet retailers, on par with New Graham.
You can call me, and I'll take your order if you want.
1-800-992-6537 ext 21.
Take care,
Terry

Good talking with you, as well, Outlaw.
We'll get it to you soon.:cool:

knifecenter.com apparently still has the old 420 version of the subcom in stock, because I added one in to an order on 5/17/06, it got here today, and it is still the older version (short clip, blade reads magnum stainless). I had emailed them and asked which version they had, and to send the aus8 version if they had it, but they emailed back that they weren't sure what they had. This is a very fine knife. I believe it will see a lot of time in my edc rotation nonetheless.

will_77 said:
I had emailed them and asked which version they had, and to send the aus8 version if they had it, but they emailed back that they weren't sure what they had.

I called them & they did not know there was a different version out. I guess the outside of the boxes are the same.

But hey, it's OK, Terry hooked me up! ;)

will_77 said:
knifecenter.com apparently still has the old 420 version of the subcom in stock, because I added one in to an order on 5/17/06, it got here today, and it is still the older version (short clip, blade reads magnum stainless). I had emailed them and asked which version they had, and to send the aus8 version if they had it, but they emailed back that they weren't sure what they had. This is a very fine knife. I believe it will see a lot of time in my edc rotation nonetheless.

Aloha will_77,

Mahalo for getting an SF. Even though you got the 1st Gen version, it will serve you well. The 420J2 on this model is the best 420 I ever used...and I am not "blowing smoke up your butt" either. I had to resharpen my co-worker's 420SF and I only did two passes on each side on the whitestone from my Spyderco ProFile set, and that SF got sharp as heck again. I apologize for the clip tension on the 1st gen version, but that can be easily remedied.

The SF is a great cutter and very well made for the price. It's a good knife to carry as a secondary knife to use amongst sheeple, a good knife to pass on to someone who asks to "borrow a knife", and well...it's just a great lil' knife period!;)

Mahalo for your support and keep us posted on it!:thumbup:

God bless and take care:cool:

Outlaw45 said:
I called them & they did not know there was a different version out. I guess the outside of the boxes are the same.

But hey, it's OK, Terry hooked me up! ;)

Aloha Outlaw45!

Mahalo knifebro for getting a 2nd Gen SF, and also to Terry for helping out! Lemme know how the longer clip works out for ya...

God bless and uh...ah...that's all I am saying:rolleyes: :p

Daywalker said:
... I had to resharpen my co-worker's 420SF and I only did two passes on each side on the whitestone from my Spyderco ProFile set, and that SF got sharp as heck again.
I second that. The Biscuit features one of the most user friendly steels. It is a pleasure to use (and sharpen) the little one. Not to mention it makes for quite a conversation piece ;)

Daywalker said:
Aloha will_77,

Mahalo for getting an SF. Even though you got the 1st Gen version, it will serve you well. The 420J2 on this model is the best 420 I ever used...and I am not "blowing smoke up your butt" either. I had to resharpen my co-worker's 420SF and I only did two passes on each side on the whitestone from my Spyderco ProFile set, and that SF got sharp as heck again. I apologize for the clip tension on the 1st gen version, but that can be easily remedied.

The SF is a great cutter and very well made for the price. It's a good knife to carry as a secondary knife to use amongst sheeple, a good knife to pass on to someone who asks to "borrow a knife", and well...it's just a great lil' knife period!;)

Mahalo for your support and keep us posted on it!:thumbup:

Mahalo, or howdy as we'd probably say here. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, your "biscuit" has endeared itself to me in the last 24 hours. The clip tension is nothing to worry about, it's already starting to loosen. Great knife design, I'm glad to see it made it into production.

SanShou said:
I need one (or two...)! Any place to buy the Aus8 version on-line?
Thanks! :D

Aloha SanShou,

Sorry I missed you!:eek:

Mahalo for your support, and please keep us posted if you get an SF!

God bless and thanks:thumbup:

dialex said:
I second that. The Biscuit features one of the most user friendly steels. It is a pleasure to use (and sharpen) the little one. Not to mention it makes for quite a conversation piece ;)

Aaaaaaaloha Knifebro!

The master has yet again spoken! Thanks for backing up my statement Alex...perhaps NOW folks will believe me!;)

To the great designer of the Spyderco C102 Adventura...thank you.

God bless and take care:thumbup:

will_77 said:
Mahalo, or howdy as we'd probably say here. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, your "biscuit" has endeared itself to me in the last 24 hours. The clip tension is nothing to worry about, it's already starting to loosen. Great knife design, I'm glad to see it made it into production.

Aloha will_77,

Yeah, or "Alohowdy" would be fitting too!:D

Enjoy your "Biscuit"...and I hope it performs well enough for you to follow up with it's variants! (Oops!:rolleyes: )

God bless and keep us posted please:thumbup:

Daywalker said:
Enjoy your "Biscuit"...and I hope it performs well enough for you to follow up with it's variants! (Oops!:rolleyes: )

:eek:

Variants... Did you say... Variants?

:p

Outlaw45 said:
:eek:

Variants... Did you say... Variants?

:p

Aloha Uncle,

(Whistling)....

Yeah, but perhaps not the one you MIGHT be thinking of!;)

Hang in there...it should be out soon.:thumbup:

Back