SubCom/Trance Washers...

My Trance and SubCom are pretty slick just as they come out of the box. However, I have noticed that phosphorus-bronze washers tend to improve the feel of most folders.

Has anyone replaced the washers in their SubCom or Trance with phosphorus-bronze washers? Is there someone with a micrometer who would be willing take some measurements of the stock teflon washers from a Trance and/or a SubCom (inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness)?

Thanks!

I would be interested too. I have a subclaw with slightly off/ oval nytrolon/teflon washers. The inside diameter also seems a bit to wide. My other warcom does not have this little problem.

I've replaced the washers on a couple of Trance's and it does make a difference. I don't care for the "squishy" nature of teflon.

I get: ~.350" OD, .195" ID and 0.020" thick.

Thanks Potterma! You are a scholar and a gentleman.

I figure that once the scale that I just ordered from you arrives, the knife will deserve some nice new washers to slick up the action.

Ladies and gents,

I ordered too many of these. If you would like a set of bronze washers send me an email. You can have them for the cost of a self addressed stamped envelope. I have 5 sets to give.

I just got mine today and put them in my DP Trance, Subcom F, and Rescom. My Subcom F has ridden in my pocket for about a year and the original washers seemed to have deformed, since I would sometimes feel a tight spot during opening/closing, but not always. The bronzes fixed that handily. Definitely go with the .020s. I got some .015s just to try out, and they are a wee bit loose, even with the pivot fully tightened. Now all 3 knives are wearing bronze .020s and seem to actually feel smoother and more solid than stock (though I don't know how much of that is just psychological :D). :thumbup:

I don't think it's in your head. I feel the same way. They just have a more solid feeling all around.

potterma....

i would like to get an orange scale. I sent you an email.

thanks!
b rett

Back