Subhilt Tactical Bowie - TIE Sheath Photo Added

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The client ordered this Tactical Bowie but modified to include a subhilt. The blade is flat/hollow ground on a large diameter platen - it's light and fast. This is going to Kevin Robinson for one of his tactical sheaths then on to the client. For your comment.

.200" CPM-3V
HT to Rc 60-61
11 3/8" OAL
6 1/2" Flat/Hollow ground blade - 400 grit belt finish
416 Stainless furniture
Pinned/soldered double guard/subhilt
Black line micarta scales
Red liners on tapered tang
8-10 oz Wickett and Craig RH high ride sheath

Last edited:
That's a winner, Tim. I've always loved the Tactical Bowie. I think I like it even more as a subhilt.

TK that is a great blade!! I've become a huge fan of subhilts...have two now....and that one is downright beautiful!! Well done sir.....

That's a winner, Tim. I've always loved the Tactical Bowie. I think I like it even more as a subhilt.

TK that is a great blade!! I've become a huge fan of subhilts...have two now....and that one is downright beautiful!! Well done sir.....

Thanks fellas - I appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

I would be happy to carry a blade like that around. You always show great fit and finish and the soldered guards are always clean as can be.

Greg

Thanks for the positive comments fellas - appreciate it

Kevin Robinson sent me a photo of the subhilt with the TIE sheath (Level II retention) prior to shipment to the client. The client specified OD/Black. If you look closely, you can see that the blade is very slightly concave even through the sheath.

Last edited:
Back