Subhilts

SharpByCoop said:
Joss, that's the first I have heard or seen of your twins, and they are special. Congrats! Sharon Burger scrim work?

Correct. He was a pleasure to deal with. I'd like to get more stuff from him, and I specifically looked into getting a Chute or a Wilderness Fighter, but I already have too much stuff.

Him and Geno Dening are 2 people who do impeccable work at very good prices.

Here's my Favorite Subhilt made by Bob & Josh Jolley,aka RJ Customs.The 0-1 High Carbon steel blade is just under 8 inches,Elk horn & Stacked leather for the Handle :cool:

Attachments

• K-RJ_SilvertipSbHlt7&7&8's.jpg
    K-RJ_SilvertipSbHlt7&7&8's.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 101
Hope you get to feeling better. Let us know when you have some new pictures, I can help you post directly.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Well, I ordered a subhilt from Nick. It's going to be a couple of years before I get it. A curse on all of you that have put him so far behind on orders.

Keith Montgomery said:
Well, I ordered a subhilt from Nick. It's going to be a couple of years before I get it. A curse on all of you that have put him so far behind on orders.
Congrats Keith! What a great one to look forward to.

I repell any curses tossed at me.... ;)

Coop

You SHOULD be cursing your dang self for waiting so long. You knew!! ;)

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Kohai999 said:
You SHOULD be cursing your dang self for waiting so long. You knew!! ;)

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

You know, in a way you're right. I have been contemplating ordering a knife from Nick for more than two years now. If I had ordered back then I would have had the knife for awhile now. Having said that, I think things have worked out for the best. A couple of years ago it wasn't a subhilt fighter that I would have ordered. It is just in the last four months or so that I have decided that a subhilt was going to be one of my next two orders. It turned out to be the very next order.

Being that I was really wanting a subhilt and that Nick really wants to make me one, and also that I want one of Nick's knives in the worst way, I think things have worked out just great. Sure, getting the knife in less time would be great, but it will be just as great when it comes in a couple of years. One bright point is that Nick will be a better knifemaker in a couple of years than he is now.

Thanks Steven: Still have a hard time breathing, especialy with a mask on. If I had worn them years ago, probably wouldn't have the problem now. feeling much better.
going into the shop Mon. really getting restless. Want to grind steel. Try the link I posted. The white mic. B.B. really looks sharp. Think the other members would enjoy seeing it? Thanks M. Lovett

Really really nice, Michael, thanks for posting the photos on your site, they speak volumes. Nice...

Frank H.

sf_large.jpg
Geno Denning Subhilt Fighter is a large 12 3/4" knife made from 3/16" bar stock. The blade is a heavily double ground 7 3/4" clip point with 3/8" stainless steel double guard and subhilt.

Cindy Denning said:
sf_large.jpg
Geno Denning Subhilt Fighter is a large 12 3/4" knife made from 3/16" bar stock. The blade is a heavily double ground 7 3/4" clip point with 3/8" stainless steel double guard and subhilt.

If that's the one that Geno had at Blade Show this year. . . . :eek: . . . I was fortunate enough to handle it ( lovingly though :D ). Very very impressive ! Too bad it had already been sold . . . . :grumpy: . . . .or it would be resting in central Joe-Ja right now ! :D

thanks Frank.. Know anyone who can post a pic of one of these on Blade Forums. I don't have a clue of how to do it. Thanks bunches. Mike

Hi Michael, you do such great work!

Re: getting your photos to post on the forum, I grabbed some of your photos off your site, edited some of the huge sized ones, adjusted brightness and contrast a bit on some, put them up on Photobucket, now I'm going to take those Photobucket hosted images and post them here so everyone can see your great work (more photos and details on his logo, info on collaboration with Loveless etc are all on Michaels site).

You could copy the sized down ones (from here) to your computer Michael and have them available to email to people etc, I compressed (made the files a smaller size) also so they'd load up fast and send easily.

(Looks like to get photobucket photos to appear it requires the "image tags" of
at the end of the link, then the photos "pull up" on the forum).

Frank H.

MLovettSubH8.jpg

MLovetcollaboration.jpg

MLovetPearl8.jpg

MLovettLovelesscollab.jpg

thanks Loads Frank, Img what, Post how where, Dam, I hate this new fangled stuff :barf: Mike lovett

Back