Suggestions for first Reate knife?

Hey all. Recently I've been really getting into Kizer knives in my collection, and I've been told that Reate is a brand I should definitely check out. What are some of Reate's models I should definitely check out? I've heard they're great value for the price point.

I personally am a fan of the horizon d ti, but I also have a horizon c that I really like at half the price. Bladehq has a hills that people like for 199.

For me, the Reate Hills is a great bang for the buck flipper that makes a great slicer. I think they are sold out at BladeHQ unless you want the black version. You can find them on eBay new. Just depends on what size knife you want and what blade profile. They are all great but the Torrent is my favorite +$300 Reate.

All of the Reate I have had have been excellent. The Hills or Horizon are a good starting point.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hey all. Recently I've been really getting into Kizer knives in my collection, and I've been told that Reate is a brand I should definitely check out. What are some of Reate's models I should definitely check out? I've heard they're great value for the price point.

It depends on your budget. If you don't mind spending $445.00, this would be my choice. Hard to beat the price when you get all the upgrades and anodizing.

Attachments

• 1280120_orig.jpg
    1280120_orig.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 38
IMO the Hills is a great value, granted I bought mine used from a BF member but I'm pleasantly surprised with it in every aspect.

If you want to catch the Reate fever...and catch it hard...go grab a $170 Hills before they're all gone. The quality of the knife you get at that price point is simply amazing. I don't think the Hills will be around much longer and I believe Reate retires old designs and then brings them back at a higher price :cool:. The Hills is the last knife left from the original Reate offerings like the Horizon A&B and the D9.

The Hills has a bit of a goofy blade profile, but you can't handle one at the current price (I got mine for $150 when they first released) and not concede that Reate is a serious player. Now, as their prices have gone steadily up, they tend to stand out less among the crowd of ~$400 mid-tech knives.

If you want to catch the Reate fever...and catch it hard...go grab a $170 Hills before they're all gone. The quality of the knife you get at that price point is simply amazing. I don't think the Hills will be around much longer and I believe Reate retires old designs and then brings them back at a higher price :cool:. The Hills is the last knife left from the original Reate offerings like the Horizon A&B and the D9.

The Hills has a bit of a goofy blade profile, but you can't handle one at the current price (I got mine for $150 when they first released) and not concede that Reate is a serious player. Now, as their prices have gone steadily up, they tend to stand out less among the crowd of ~$400 mid-tech knives.

The Hills is a FANTASTIC knife and a great slicer. Best bang for the buck of all of them for an EDC and I LOVE the blade geometry. It's getting harder and harder to find the plain Titanium. Now you mostly see the darkwash blackish ones (not personally a fan of them). It all depends on what you like in a knife. I have yet to find a Reate I don't like. Getting harder to afford them but still some great deals out there.

The Hills is a FANTASTIC knife and a great slicer. Best bang for the buck of all of them for an EDC and I LOVE the blade geometry. It's getting harder and harder to find the plain Titanium. Now you mostly see the darkwash blackish ones (not personally a fan of them). It all depends on what you like in a knife. I have yet to find a Reate I don't like. Getting harder to afford them but still some great deals out there.

I think the Reate Hills, at the introductory price if you can still find it, is one of the best values in the knife world. I've thought about buying another just to tuck away. The Hills and the Horizon A and B are what turned me on to Reate in the first place. It's kind of sad to see that they've moved away from awesome, high value knives.

Back