Sunday Bloody Sunday

OKay,so it's only Saturday.Damn,Walter's Balisongs sure are sharp.I didn't even see it coming.I could of sworn I had the safe handle.Worst part,is I got blood all over my knife.Oh well,boy it sure has a hell of a bite :eek:

they feed themselves periodically, ya know...

It's almost better to feed them yourself, rather than let them take a bite out of you when you aren't looking....:)

Absolutly, mine feed themselves regularly. It's a good bonding ritual, part of me enters the blade part of them enter me.

Say a quick prayer and bless the blade. Blood on a blade can be a good thing. I still bleed all my knives just to quench the bloodlust of the spirit within the blade (a very traditional habit I picked up from my sifu). That usually wasn't a problem with a bali, as they do have a tendency to be hungry all by themselves.

Which reminds me, of all the knives I've ever own, I've found that the bali best reflects the karma of the owner. When my karma is good, I can flip for months and not get bitten. When my karma is bad, I usually switch to a Swiss Army knife :(

When my karma is bad, I usually switch to a Swiss Army knife :(
You mean, you can manipulate a SAK? wow...:rolleyes:
I was trying out what I think is a new variation on one of Clay's Intermediate moves and the blade on my 42 reached out and nicked my right ring finger a bit. Just enough to raise the skin and draw a little blood, nothing major. Getting cut or nicked is a good thing, though. It shows you where you need to improve. My worst area right now has to be finger twirls. I've got big hands, but not a lot of dexterity. Mykl recommended that I buy a pair of drumsticks and twirl those, and I got a pair yesterday to try out. Hmm, no wonder I thought the drumline was crazy in high school, they were always twirling their sticks...:confused:

Originally posted by blade_420
they feed themselves periodically, ya know...

It's almost better to feed them yourself, rather than let them take a bite out of you when you aren't looking....:)
So that's why my bali almost always lands with the blade first when I try doing some aerial moves... Perhaps I should start doing ricochets with the bite handle. ;)

I was trying to be funny and sarcastic about flipping Balisongs and music and concepts of good and evil...I guess it didn't work!

That really did happen though, I started flipping like mad and blew open a callous and never knew it. It hurt, but I did not think it was bleeding all over the place like it was. :D

That was great Don! Very touching:D I actually had some good play this weekend.:D It was my fathers birthday and he had some friends over to play with that evening. My Aunts fiancé and a friend from the office.

I have this habit of poking an air hole in a can of beer before I open it, and this is all done in a flash with the help of clays rig.:D As if I hadn't already sparked their curiosity with Clay's IWB mounted to the outside of my belt with virtually 3 1/4 of the balisong visible to the public. Finally when I whipped out the blade of my trusted 43 doing a reverse vertical basic and punctured the desired hole in the lid of the can (I do this because I <other than beer> I do not drink carbonated beverages and I do not enjoy the burning sensation carbonation gives you when you take a big gulp of your favorite beer, this air hole allows the beverage to flow into your mouth without agitating the fluid because the can does not have to gasp for air:rolleyes:) Anyway, upon performing my little routine (I tried to do it with their back turned but it still caught their attention:eek: ) I heard the Ooo's and Aaa's, followed by WHAT WAS THAT!:eek: A SWORD?! I took their comments as I would most anybody who would make such a remark and laughed at their uneducated and sheltered opinion saying "Oh this is just a balisong, my favorite form of folding knife!;) " they both replied " A what?!" I went into a few details about the knife and gave them a brief history lesson. They where impressed with both the information and the brief demonstration of opening and closing techniques. With my Aunt standing there bewildered by the crazy idea of flinging a knife around between your fingers she looked at me and smiled. I have not had many quality moments with my aunt, but the feeling I got when she smiled at me was the feeling of a proud and honored relative. I am beside myself with happiness!:D

Tears have streamed down my face as I have read your touching account, I feel that we are somehow...in some way, connected now... :D

Don I got the allusions to good and evil and all I thought it was a really interesting peace...it was honest.

And Cain that was a truly great story makes you feel all warm inside.

Great stories, you guys.
Too bad this isn't enough to convince the boss-men that balisongs aren't just for killing people... :(

Fun post Don..., thanks...neat pictures too!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT]..., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Hey Don, next time choke up a bit. ;) That flat spot on the weehawk's spine is there for a purpose... :D Nice little story. I tend to flip to Mozart and Beethoven. They seems to have better underlying tempo in their music. Meatloaf (or anything by Jim Steinman) would be my closest choice to your style....

7Cain: you've gotta post more. I know I blew by you on the posting thing, but you've got the quality over quantity part down pat. Glad to see that not all fanily's are against bali's. My mother still frowns when she sees me carrying and using one..:(

Tony!

The CD in the one picture that has the yellow stripe running around it, that is actually a BEETHOVEN CD! HA!

The 5th, the 9th [Ode to Joy] and Fur Elise. :D

Originally posted by tonyccw
7Cain: you've gotta post more. I know I blew by you on the posting thing, but you've got the quality over quantity part down pat. Glad to see that not all fanily's are against bali's. My mother still frowns when she sees me carrying and using one..:(

Thanks Tony, I'm trying, but you guys move so fast here. I have enough trouble trying to run 10 websites and keeping up with you as it is. :rolleyes: Ahhh! I need a raise! I don't even have time to take any pics for you guys, but some day, I'll find the time to take some pics and even make a short vid of the "Flying Balisong" flip that I created (it sure is rough on the hamstrings) It's too bad that none of you live close enough to hang out with on a regular basis. Someday we should all buy one of those Islands that they sell in the Rob Report and all move there. :D We can call it "BALISONG ISLAND":D :D

Originally posted by 7Cain
I have enough trouble trying to run 10 websites and keeping up with you as it is. :rolleyes: Ahhh! I need a raise! I don't even have time to take any pics for you guys, but some day, I'll find the time to take some pics and even make a short vid of the "Flying Balisong" flip that I created
You know, you could get 'sick', and someone else had to take over for you for a while... ;)

Originally posted by 7Cain
It's too bad that none of you live close enough to hang out with on a regular basis. Someday we should all buy one of those Islands that they sell in the Rob Report and all move there. :D We can call it "BALISONG ISLAND":D :D
You know, I've actually been thinking of buying Argentina (I think that was the country), because my history teacher told us that this country was just about to go bankrupt! :eek:

So if we chip in on it, every one of us, I think it would be a great investment! :D
Just one issue, though... Do we learn all the Argentines to flip, or do they have to move?... :rolleyes: ;) :D

Actually, I don't even get sick time, vacation, or benefits. The owner takes up all of that.

Back