Sunday Grinding

Hmmm, I know one guy who probably already has that on his radar...

Schweeeeeeet!

-X

Huh. Interesting grind, Daniel. I'll be curious to see where it ends up.
Hartsfield inspired but a bit different plungeless swedge. :D

Hmmm, I know one guy who probably already has that on his radar...

Schweeeeeeet!

-X

I think so... :D Thanks! I might owe him a lefty grind soon. :D

Very clean looking, D. Sounds like a productive weekend!

Not really productive but I feel I got some quality work done!

later this week - finish stuff! Rigging, Kitchen and TiBOK's!

Lookin' good, D! Whats up with the carbidizing on the bevel side?

Daniel, are there any advantages to applying the carbide on the grind side versus the flat side? I'm wondering, since the pattern of wear would dictate that it would be necessary to eventually grind the flat side so the edge meets the carbide layer. Then again, I'm thinking that carbide on the grind side would cause some drag when slicing.

Daniel, are there any advantages to applying the carbide on the grind side versus the flat side? I'm wondering, since the pattern of wear would dictate that it would be necessary to eventually grind the flat side so the edge meets the carbide layer. Then again, I'm thinking that carbide on the grind side would cause some drag when slicing.

I agree... this one looks like a zero bevel and if done that way I feel that is correct. This one will have a small microbevel on the reverse though for flexibility and ease of sharpening. I always do the zero bevel (zero microbevel) side so the carbide side planes into the cut.

A microbevel on the main grind and carbide on the flat side would also work very well... I didn't want a microbevel on the main grind though, not with the Hartsfield inspired chisel grind! :D Good stuff Sir.

ouch, reading your comment D made my head hurt... and X.. you said schweet today in this subforum, and I just did in the other post.. interesting.. who says schweet anymore anyway?
O_O

so.. that tanto, like 4inch blade max? under 8in OAL?

FOLDERS

I only have one knife on it's way... from Daniel that is.. wait no two. Perhaps three :D

But to answer the ???, no, this Ti tanto is possibly up for grabs or another PERSON! WHAST#@% o_O :)

Back